Epilogue

~two weeks later~

"It's perfect, Clay," George said in awe, looking around the beautifully decorated scene. "They're going to love it."

Clay had reserved a beach spot on the coast and set up a dinner before the team would be disbanded. He had done it in secret, to surprise the team. And it was truly perfect.

The sun was setting and the ocean waves calmly rolled up the shore. There was a large table set out, surrounded with chairs for each member of the team. Yellow fairy lights decorated the table and chairs.

George smiled at it all, squeezing a gentle hand on the arm that was wrapped around his. A catering service was bustling about, setting up plates and utensils and napkins.

Clay smiled softly, murmuring, "I tried to make sure the time worked for everyone. I know there's a lot going on right now."

"They'll be here."

George looked to where Jaimie was and laughed lightly. The girl was dancing on the shore, her hair flowing in the gentle wind. She shrieked as the ocean water lapped against her calves, darkening the bottom of her blue overalls.

"She gets to be a kid now," Clay whispered, "for once in her life, she doesn't have to worry about where her food will come from next or have to train to become a killer."

Jaimie looked to them and waved, holding up a broken shell. She looked genuinely happy.

Things were good― better than good if anything. Clay had spent the past two weeks in the hospital, recovering. He spent those weeks with George, Jaimie, Sapnap, and Karl, just visiting. There was no more need to talk strategy or worry about a next victim... everything was perfect.

Yes, Clay's actions did have consequences. Because George was the head detective of the Dream Case, he had lots of say in Clay's repercussions. Techno had been willing to hear George out in all of the meetings with the Floridian state government and he took George's side.

After hours upon hours of discussing, it was decided that Clay wouldn't receive jail time. Because of the possibility of psychological and/or emotional manipulation. However, Clay would have one required year of probation, maybe more, maybe less, depending on his behavior. Plus, many, many hours of volunteer work for the city and the police department.

Overall, Clay got lucky. He and George both did.

George offered a friendly wave to one of the two police officers standing by the table. They just stood there, stone cold and unwavering. George laughed nervously and turned just in time to see Tommy approach.

"Hey bitches!" Tommy greeted from behind them.

Tommy, Tubbo, and Jack had arrived. The three smiled wide and Jack said, "The place looks amazing."

Jaimie ran up beside Clay and Clay said, "Jaimie, meet some more of my friends; Tommy, Tubbo, and Jack."

Tommy held out his hand and remarked, "You're a woman."

Jaimie lifted an eyebrow and shook his hand. Apparently she squeezed tightly, because Tommy complained about the pain. Jaimie said, "Not just any woman. A bet I can best you in a fight."

"Oh yeah?" Tommy challenged.

"Yeah," Jaimie replied, crossing her arms.

"Bet," Tommy replied, a glint in his eyes. He nudged Tubbo's side and said, "What do you think, Tubbo? We can take her on."

"I'll just cheer you on from the sidelines," Tubbo said with a shrug and followed Tommy and Jaimie to the shore.

The three started splashing each other and screaming curses that Clay clearly didn't want to hear from his sister, but he shook it off with a smile. He said to Jack, "Thank you for coming."