17

"I have gathered you all here today for one reason and one reason alone," George said, facing the team he had created. "We are going on a mission to find two people, one to rescue and the other to arrest."

His small audience nodded and George continued, "But first, I have a couple more members to add to the team."

In front of George sat Zak, Niki, Alex, Jack, Tommy, as well as Tommy's friend Tubbo, who was also interning at the station. George had yet to tell them that Sapnap and Clay would be joining the team. The door to the room opened and Sapnap was led in, hands cuffed behind his back and two guards one either side of him.

Sapnap grinned wide at the shocked expressions of everyone in the room. A guard uncuffed his wrists and Sapnap stalked over to a chair among the team members. It was quiet for a long moment before someone spoke up.

"What the hell is he doing here?!" Zak exclaimed, his eyes widening at Sapnap's toothy grin.

"Zak," George said cautiously, "Sapnap knows some of Wilbur's techniques, it's beneficial to have him on the team."

Sapnap crossed his arms over his bright orange prison attire and drawled, "Admit, you guys are desperate, you need me."

"I doubt that," Niki muttered with a scoff. She glared at Sapnap, who's grin faltered. He gave George a questioning look.

George ignored it and continued, "There is one more person who will be added to the team."

The room went silent. George could've heard a pin drop as the door opened and Clay walked in the same way Sapnap had; hands cuffed behind his back in a bright orange prison suit. But instead of two guards, Clay had three.

Sapnap stood up abruptly, his mouth open in shock and confusion. Clay didn't catch his stare, rubbing his wrists when the cuffs came off. Clay looked up and met Sapnap's eyes.

He frowned and looked to George, saying, "What is he doing here?"

"Clay?" Sapnap whispered in disbelief.

George's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and so did Clay's. Clay asked warily, "What? How do you know my name?"

"You― you're Dream?"

"Yeah, and you're Sapnap," Clay said, still confused.

Sapnap stumbled forward, everyone in the room stiffening. Sapnap said, "It's me, man. It's Nick."

Clay stared at Sapnap for a long moment before his eyes widened in recognition. "Nick? Wait― the Nick, from the alley?"

Sapnap grinned and strode up to Clay, wrapping his arms around him tightly. The guards ran forward, but stopped in surprise when Clay choked out a sob. Clay hugged Sapnap back and whispered, "You're alive."

"Hell yeah, did you really think a fucking bullet to my arm could kill me?" Sapnap said tearfully with a smile, "It's been so long... I didn't recognize you with your mask."

"What in the family reunion is this?" Tommy asked incredulously.

Everyone could only nod in agreement. The two killers stepped out of their embrace. Clay placed his hands on Sapnap's shoulders and said with a smile, "You look good, Nick. You've changed so much... what happened to the scruffy, gangly kid I used to know?"

Sapnap laughed lightly. "I could say the same for you... how long has it been? What, six years?"

Clay nodded with a smile and Sapnap asked, "Where's your sister? I remember her well... little seven year old with an attitude that could best even mine."

Clay's smile faded instantly. He swallowed and whispered, "Wilbur has her."

Sapnap's face fell. He hugged Clay again and whispered something that only Clay could here. George saw Clay nod and sigh in relief. Sapnap pulled back and said, "We'll get her back, Clay, don't worry."