20

"We found it."

George looked up from the table, seeing Niki walk in the room. Tubbo stumbled behind her, arms full of folders and files. George asked, "Found what?"

Niki grinned. "The place where Wilbur is hiding, we found it."

Everyone's heads snapped up from their work. The whole team was in the room now that Niki and Tubbo were back. Sapnap pumped his fist in the air and shouted, "Let's fucking go!"

Everyone smiled, meeting each other's excited eyes. Tommy got up and helped Tubbo pass around the files. Ten folders were handed out and everyone opened theirs, eager for the mission.

"How did you find it?" Jack asked.

Niki took a seat and explained, "In Miami there was another killer five years back. He was caught and we got to talk to him. It didn't take much for him to talk and he was spilling the whole thing to us. He told us about this building on Palm Beach. It's a real fancy place; big house, pretty beach, and everything."

"And Wilbur is there? Just chilling on the beach?" Clay questioned skeptically.

Niki nodded with a shrug. "Apparently. We looked into it and the police departments of both Miami and Palm Beach say that the place is owned by someone called Will Burr. The faces of the owner and Soot's mugshot match up, so I'm guessing he changed his name."

"What a creative name change," Karl muttered with a scoff.

"I brought the map of the house from when it was built, so we have blueprints. We just need to come up with a plan for infiltrating it and finding Soot and Dream's sister," Niki said, opening her folder.

George looked at the blueprint of the house, which was more of a mansion, and said, "Good work Niki and Tubbo."

Niki smiled and nodded in thanks. Tommy and Tubbo huddled over their blueprint, whispering back and forth. Karl, Alex, and Sapnap were all discussing the possible places Wilbur could be hiding and Jack and Zak were calling the Palm Beach police department and asking for permission to stay there for coms. George turned to Clay, who was chewing on his lip thoughtfully as he looked at the map.

George brushed his knee against Clay's and whispered, "We'll get her back, don't worry Clay."

Clay gave him a small smile and looked back to the map. "I can't help it, George, I'm worried. I mean, look at this place, it's huge. How are we supposed to find her― if she's even there. Wilbur could have her someplace else... he might not even be there."

"He will be," George insisted gently, placing his hand on Clay's knee to rub a soothing circle.

Clay placed his head in his hands and said quietly, "I― I just... I'm scared. What if she's like me? What if I'm too late?"

"What's so bad about you? You're amazing and selfless. If she's anything like you, then we should be happy."

"You know that's not what I meant."

"I know," George muttered. Clay looked at him and George added, "Clay, I'm sure she's fine. She shares your genes, so she must be stubborn and persistent. She's a fighter and most importantly, she's going to be so happy to see you."

Clay's shoulders slumped and his eyes teared up. "Thank you," he whispered. "I don't deserve you."

George cupped his cheeks and murmured, "Clay, you deserve the world and more for what you've done for your sister."

He wiped a lone tear from Clay's cheek and smiled softly. Clay closed his eyes and leaned into George's touch. "I― you mean a lot to me George, I hope you know that."