11

"Why can't I come with you?!" Tommy asked as he followed George and the other field team workers out to their cars.

"Tommy," George replied sternly, "You read this in your packet, right? As an intern you aren't allowed at crime scenes, besides you're only seventeen."

"Yeah, seventeen years of experience! That's a lot." Tommy pleaded, "Please, George, let me come with you!"

George shook his head as he got in the passenger seat. Jack started the car and George said to Tommy, "I'm sorry. Maybe try getting to know the other interns. You could make a friend."

George felt a little guilty as he watched Tommy's sad expression disappear from view. However, he shook the feelings off and focused on the task at hand.

This victim was found in an abandoned rental space where he had been living temporarily. George frowned when they reached the crime scene.

The victim was a young, Hispanic male from based on what George could tell. He walked up to the body and inspected the dagger. It didn't seem to have anything on it other than Dream's signature smile and this time there was no note.

That's unusual.

George glanced to Jack, who said, "They're thinking he might be a Mexican agent."

George raised his eyebrows and looked at the police officers identifying the body. They were in deep conversation and seconds later one of them pulled out his phone. George asked, "So what's he doing here?"

Jack shrugged. George didn't know what more to say. He hadn't learned much on the American government's policy with foreign agents being killed. Seeing as the man was already dead, George's station would have to contact higher authorities who would talk to the Mexican government.

"This is going to be difficult," George muttered.

~

The next morning was a Friday and Clay dropped George off like usual. This time however, instead of being greeted with happy good mornings he was greeted with a rushed introduction to a new man.

"Agent Quackity," the man said and stuck his hand out to George. "I'm here from Mexico to sort out this mess with my friend who was murdered."

"Detective George," George replied and shook his hand. "I'm sorry about your friend."

Quackity smiled sadly, "John Smith was a good agent and friend. I'm here to help you catch Dream. Now that he's murdered my friend, I'm making sure he gets put in prison for good."

George nodded and Technoblade entered the room. Techno's eyes narrowed as he approached Quackity. "Alex," Techno greeted stiffly.

"Techno," Quackity bit out, shaking Techno's hand reluctantly. "Long time no see."

Techno's lips thinned. He said, "You know that you have to report back to Mexico as soon as Dream is found, right? I don't want to see any funny business."

George looked between them awkwardly. Quackity nodded sharply. "I'm here for my job, nothing more."

Technoblade nodded briefly and left. George asked, "What was that about?"

"He wasn't aware that there was an undercover Mexican agent in Orlando. No one told him and now he's pissed. But it wasn't my job to inform him― he's just salty."

"Huh," George muttered. He and Quackity talked more and eventually Quackity was shown around the statio­n― minus the classified areas― and got to know whoever he needed to know on the case.