Chapter 1

My alarm filled my bedroom with it's annoying sound causing me to wake up from a dreamless sleep. I tiredly reached for my phone that laid on the floor next to my mattress and turned off my annoying alarm.

I tried to see if I had any notifications, but I ended up blinding myself in the process as my phone's bright light filled up my small room. I tiredly put my phone down. I had just moved a long distance by myself, leaving me with very little money to furnish my grungy apartment or buy food if I was being completely honest.

It was 6 A.M, meaning I had an hour to get dressed and get to work, but it was hard getting out of bed after having a long night with very little sleep. Today's my first day substituting at Midtown High School.

I will be substituting for an older woman named Beatrice, who despite being up there in age was having her fifth child with her lovely mate of 30 years.

I had met her only once when she had demanded I take one of her AP tests to prove that I was qualified to teach her classes.

The Principal of Midtown High School, Mr. Morita said that I didn't need to, but I didn't feel like facing the wrath of a pregnant woman.

So I spent my second day in New York City in a high school chemistry classroom with an angry pregnant woman who yelled about her mate, and how she wished she would have neutered him after their first child.

For being a teacher who was meant to educate and nourish the young minds of the upcoming generations. She didn't seem to like children that much which made me laugh and cringe at the same time.

I tiredly sighed as I stiffly got out of bed wondering if her former student's had to deal with these outbursts when she had her last four kids.

I stretched out my aching muscles which were caused by my lumpy mattress, another thing I can't afford to replace at the moment. It laid in the far corner of my one room apartment.

I slowly walked into my small run down bathroom and stripped off my clothes before stepping into the shower. I wasn't ever going to risk taking a bath in this apartment which was a shame, I could have really used one to calm my nerves and relax my tired muscles .

I washed my body with my strawberry body wash, and tried not to get my hair wet since I had just washed it the night before. I ran my hands up and down my body as I lightly traced my soul marks.

All my soul marks represented two or more people, meaning my mates were mated to one or more of my mates, making me have 13 soulmates. I can remember the day my marks appeared, it was the day of my 18th birthday which was strange since you were supposed to get them when you turn 16.

My mate marks were always flowing with feelings and emotions, I had got so used to all of them that now I was able to tell the difference between when my mates pushed feelings to me and when I was feeling theirs.

Like know the mark on my left hip gave me a feeling of love and longing. The mates on my left hip always sent me feelings so early in the morning. All my mates sent me feelings and I always tried to send them some to.

All my marks were beautiful and I had also learned how many people were connected to each mark.

On my right rib cage there were gears with an eye, it looked very futuristic, that mark had two people connected to it.

On my spine there is the solar system, which also had two people connected to it.

On my left hip there is a beautiful peacock in lots of beautiful colors. That mark was the only one that had three people connected to it.

On my right hip there is a gun surrounded by roses which had two people connected to it.

On my right collarbone there are birds with a wave, and on my left shoulder blade there is a snake surrounded by flowers which both had two people connected to them.

When your soul mates are close your soul mark begins to tingle, and when you make eye contact with your mate or you are simply in the same room as them for the first time your soul mark begins to burn, signaling that you have found your mate.

I haven't met any of my mate's yet and I was a little scared too. There were so many of them, and I was worried I would never meet all of them. Of course I didn't care who they were or what they did as long as they respected me and loved me and their other mates.

I looked around my dingy apartment and let out a sigh.

My apartment wasn't much to look at, but it's a roof over my head and a place to sleep. This apartment was the only thing I could afford at the moment. The walls were different shades of brown, the floors looked like they hadn't had a good cleaning in over a century, and don't even get me started about the carpet in the bathroom.

The place was a mess, but that's the price you pay for trying to start a new life in New York City.

I quickly got out of the shower after realizing I had been daydreaming way too long about my mates. I dried off with a soft towel and walked into my extremely small closet and put on a black pencil skirt with a white blouse and some black and gold heels.

I wanted to look professional today, even though I was just a substitute, I wanted to put my best foot forward in case the school I was teaching at had an opening as a permanent teacher someday.

My wardrobe was very limited but I found the money to get nice clothes for this job. It wouldn't look professional if I showed up to teach in sweatpants and a hoodie.

I walked to my kitchen at 6:30, and grabbed my work bag and my lunch, which was just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, it was the only thing I had been eating for the last week or so.

I quickly headed out of my apartment but not before locking up and starting my long commute to work.

Hopefully today will be a calm and relaxing day.