Chapter 20

Within an hour I had made 3 batches of homemade potato chips. I had also made pasta salad, Potato salad, and I had made 14 delicious looking subs. It had been a long and lonely process and I missed my mates more than anything. 

I had only met them yesterday and I was already acting like a love sick puppy. I had placed a fourth batch of potatoes into the oven and turned on the air fryer option. It had taken me a little while to understand how to work all these high tech appliances.

"Hey Friday do we have any fruits like watermelon." I asked as I looked in the fridge but couldn't find any. "Yes miss, if you walk down the little hallway and pull open the middle cabinet, there will be a secret fridge in the closet filled with fresh produce." Friday said, causing me to move down the little hallway in the kitchen and to the place Friday told me about. This hidden fridge was huge. There were lots of great fruits and vegetables. My eye's found the Watermelons and a smile took over my face. "Hey Friday, do my mate's like Watermelon." I asked as I knocked on them to see which one was the best.

"We love watermelon." Someone said from the entrance of the hidden fridge. I quickly turned around to see a smiling Clint. I took a minute to look Clint up and down. Clint was very tall, he was a good half a foot taller than me and he had pale white skin. Clint had short blond hair and light blue eyes. He was so handsome. 

"Like what you see baby." Clint said as he took a step closer to me. "So handsome." I said as I quickly walked over to him and pulled him into a hug. Clint quickly wrapped his arms around me as he pulled me even closer to him.

"God your amazing." Clint said as he picked me up and lightly spun me around causing me to laugh. "Your here, but Friday said that the meeting wouldn't be over for another hour." I said causing Clint to laugh and rub the back of his neck with a wide grin on his face. 

"I snuck out of the meeting, I couldn't handle sitting there anymore knowing you were just a couple floors away." Clint said as he place a soft kiss on my neck causing me to shiver. "How did you manage to sneak out of a room with fourteen people in it." I laughing out as Clint lead me over to the watermelons.

"You would be surprised how easy it was. No one was even paying attention, they were to busy talking." Clint said, causing me to laugh. I knocked on the watermelons again before I found the perfect one. I was about to pick it up but Clint beat me to it. 

"You shouldn't be lifting heavy things, you might hurt yourself." Clint teased me, causing me to roll my eyes. "You just want to show your masculinity, and show off your handsome muscles." I said as I sent Clint a wink. I opened the door as Clint led us out of the room and to the kitchen.

"Can you blame me for wanting to look sexy for my mate." Clint said as he placed the watermelon on the counter before pulling me into him. "You don't need to lift a watermelon to look sexy." I said as I leaned forward and kissed Clint's neck causing him to let out a small groan. Clint snuck his hands around my waist before quickly turning us around and trapping me against the counter.

"Your a little minx." Clint said as he pulled me even closer to him. "You love a bratty sub don't you." I said teasing Clint causing him to let out a groan. "Your testing me love." Clint said as he looked at me with darkened eyes. "That's what i'm here for." I said with a giggle causing Clint to laugh. "What can I help you with baby girl, I'm yours to command, well until we get into the bedroom, than it's my turn." Clint said causing me to blush.

"Can you help me set the table." I asked causing Clint to nod and kiss my forehead. "Anything for you love." Clint said with a smile as he walked over to a cabinet and pulled out a bunch of plates. "Do we need bowls." Clint asked as he handed me the large fancy plates. "Yes, I made some pasta and potato salad and I plan on cutting up the watermelon to." I said causing Clint to nod and grab bowls.

I began to place the the plates around the table as Clint followed behind me and placed the bowls. "Everything sounds amazing love thank you for cooking." Clint said with a smile causing me to blush. "You guys deserve something good after the long day you all had." I said causing Clint to smile brightly and pull me into his side. "God I love you already." Clint all but sighed out as he pulled me tightly against him.

I snuggled into Clint's strong arms. But before I could get comfortable the Kitchen timer went off causing me to jump. "You're so jumpy." Clint laughed, causing me to blush and shove him gently as I walked over to the oven. "What did you make love, it smells good" Clint asked as he tried to peek over my shoulder. "Home made chips, southern sweet tea and lemonade, pasta and potato salad and everyone's favorite subs." I said, pulling the chips off the pan and onto a cooling rack.

"You are way too good to us." Clint said, pulling me into his arms again before going to sit at the now set table with a bowl of chips. I shook my head as I went over to the sink to wash the dishes. " You know my mama always said that the person who cooks should never have to wash the dishes." A deep voice said from behind me causing me to jump. I quickly turned around with a smile. As I turned around I saw a smiling Bucky standing behind me. "Your mamas a smart woman." I said with a soft smile before rushing to hug him.

Bucky wrapped his arms protectively around me before lifting me up and shoving his face in my neck. "You feel amazing." Bucky said with a sigh, I couldn't help but notice that one of his arms was harder than the other. I pulled away looking at his arms and that's when I noticed his left arm, even with his long sleeve shirt on I could see the medal.

"Doll I...It's..." Bucky said with a shaky voice. Bucky tried to quickly move his left arm behind his back, but I caught his hand before he could hide it. I pulled up his sleeve as much as I could and was met with a beautiful black arm with beautiful grey and gold markings. I traveled my hand up his arm till I stop at his shoulder, noticing that's where it ends. While locking eyes with Bucky's beautiful blue eyes, I bring his metal hand up to my lips and give it a kiss before smiling at him. Bucky quickly relaxed and sighed as he brought me back into a genital hug. "It's beautiful James." I said, leaning my head on his chest, he was about to say something but was interrupted by Clint who yelled excitedly across the room.