part 4: nightmare

I was sitting on the counter in the kitchen eating an ice cream.
I felt someone stared at me so I raised my head and saw Kol's eyes on me. He didn't say anything so I just shook my hand to get his attention.

- you should wear pants.
He said with a smirk on the corner of his lips.
The ice cream choked on my saliva and I started to cough. That was when I realized that I sat here just with my long shirt and my panties and actually without a pants. He was still staring so I picked up a spoon and threw it at him. Ha caught it quickly with a loud, interesting laughter.

+ Stop staring
I yelled though he just shrugged.
I vampsped to my room and quickly changed my long shirt to a yellow comfortable dress, I still could've heard Kol's chuckles from downstairs.

It was the third week of me and Kol living together and after that especial night he done for me I always catch him staring and when I ask he shrug.
I went downstairs to see him reading again. I picked up a glass of water with my magic and drove it above his head. When he raised his head I emptied the water all over his face before he try to move. Ha gasped and made me giggle evil ish.
+ That's because you were staring.

He looked at me immediately looking piss as I quickly ran to the backyard.
- come here you little brat.
I tried to run faster but he was older and faster than me so he quickly caught me in the middle of the yard. I screamed lightly and fell to the wet green grass. He fell on top of me and started tickling me.

- say you're sorry.
+ Omg Kol...stop... please...K... Kol...stop
I felt all of my muscles cringing to the pain of laughter. He didn't stop just moved his fingers faster on my body.
- say it
He joined me between my heavy breathes.

+ Ok OK stop... I'm sorry...I'm sorry...
He giggled before putting away his hands...I thought he's gonna let me go but he just stayed on top of me, staring at every detail on my face. Both of us were breathing slowly that I could've heard his inhale and exhale clearly.

I felt the warm grass under my skirt, between my thighs and I could've seen the lust in his chocolate eyes when he was drowning in my "y/e/c ones.
- you're beautiful

He said quietly as his face moved closer to mine. My cheeks flushed and I felt my face is getting warm. Our lips was like ten millimeters away from each other. My nose was touching his. I closed my eyes...I was ready for the collision but in the moment that our lips were going to hit each other his phone rang.

That was wired cuz since we came here nobody called him not even once.
I saw the surprise in his tense body too.
He sighed and moved so I can sit. Obviously he got annoyed and maybe a little bit frowning.
He picked up his phone from his pocket and answered it quickly.
- hello?

I used my vampire hearing to hear who was on the other side of the phone. When I heard Elijah's voice my eyebrows raised up.
- Kol...put y/n on the phone.
- what? Brother what's wrong?
- Kol do the thing I asked for.
Both of us were standing at the moment. I watched him with my worried face. He brought the phone to me as I answered with my low voice.

+ Hello?
- y/n ? Y/n are you ok?
My heart melted when I heard Stefan's voice ... I felt tears in my eyes. I knew I missed him a lot but I never imagined it was that much. Surely it's different when you fell to the collision. God I never realized how beautiful his voice was, how much hope was in it.

+ Stef?
I said crying.
- thank God y/n are you alright? Does he hurt you?
I shook my head like he could see me.
+ No...no I'm fine...are you okay? Is everyone ok? Where's Damon?
- yeah I'm fine everything is fine... Y/n I will come for you ok? Don't worry I will save you I pro...

After that, the only thing that filled my ear was the rhythm of beeps. Sounds like Elijah hung up on me, interrupting my brother's promise.

My knees bent slowly, I fell to the ground crying. This time grass didn't felt good, this time sun was burning my skin, this time everything sounded annoying.

Kol wrapped his hands around me and kissed the top of my head while he was circling my back.
- Shhh, it's gonna be alright... don't cry, he would come to get you...
I wrapped my arms around his waist and sobbed, at least his embrace was relaxing me above anything else in this world.

We stayed in that position for like a good thirty minutes... I felt tired with all over of my body like my energy was drowned.
Kol looked at me and picked me up bridal style probably taking me to my bed.

Sheets were covering my body while my head felt heavy on the pillows. I was gonna say something when he put his finger to my lips.
- shhhh don't say anything...just sleep.
I nodded and closed my eyes...I felt him exiting the room...wish I could tell him to stay.

....
I woke up shaky and sweaty...I felt tears wet my cheeks and I saw someone's face into the dark room. I was going to scream but the person talked, with a voice so familiar to me.

- hey hey it's me...hey it's okay c'mon look at me...breath
I looked at his face and started breathing again
His face was calm and gorgeous as always. Of course it's Kol. Who else is gonna be here with spells all around us.

I was seeing nightmares again... I didn't had them for twenty years but somehow they're coming back to me.
+ Thank you...it was a nightmare...
I said between breathing.
- what was your nightmare about?
I looked at the sheets in silence, everywhere is wet and sticky. I could've taste salty tears felling from my eyes.

he asked again.
- c'mon talk about it...I'm a good listener.
I smiled a little and put my hands between my hairs, pulling a little.
+ you sure you wanna hear this?
He nodded, it's been years since I talked about my past.

I sighed.
+ my father wasn't a fan of the vampires. When I turned I told him about that and I thought maybe he would help me... I was scared and alone...my mother died when Stefan born and Damon was a kid...I had no one so I told him and instead of helping me he tied me to a bed in our basement and tortured me every day of my life.

+He thought that's a way to take the vampirism out of my body so he killed me almost every day...he burned me drowned me and buried me alive...when Stefan killed him he was begging me to forgive him. I said I do...I forgave him cuz after all he was just a man who wants his precious daughter back. After that Stefan and Damon was all I had. I never told them about my father and what he did. I never wanted them to hate him. It's just... sometimes the nightmares about that years comes back ... I'm sorry if I wake you.

I said smiling. He was just listening to me in silent. Then without a word he just hugged me, lovingly, caressed my hair.
- how did you ran?
+ When Stefan was ten I use the sunlight to burn my ropes and ran...it burned with my hands setting on fire.it was painful but worth it. You're the first one I'm actually talking with about my dark past. I've never told this not even to Stefan or Damon, I didn't want to break their father's face for them.

He nodded and lay me down on the bed
- can I tell you something?
I nodded, wiping my tears away.
+Of course.
- I lived for a thousand years. I've met all kind of people, all kind of creature you could think of and in all of my years, I've never seen someone never change their humanity, their side of kindness especially with everything you've been through.

I watched his face, his smile, not a smirk but a kind smile. His words that made me speechless.

- sleep, I'm here. I'm not gonna let them come back to you.
I grabbed his hand
+ Lay here with me.
I said quietly, he done what I ask. He cuddled with me and I lay my head on his chest. He whispered sweet things to my ear until I fell asleep.