Chapter 8

The living room is quite. Even though the three brothers are sitting side by side, they aren't talking at all. Blake has a sullen expression in his face while the others two's expression are also grim. As if they are talking about a very sensitive business. Even Blue, the most cheerful one among them  also has a thoughtful expression. All of them are thinking about the same thing. 'How to explain the situation to their sister'?

"So....now what?" Brian speaks and breaks the everlasting silence. Blake glances at him and says "I don't know. I haven't think of anything, yet."

"Why didn't you think before promising to her?" Brian asks. He knows that his eldest brother is lazy and doesn't care about much things but it was very irresponsible of him to promise something he would never be able to keep. He doesn't understand what goes through his eldest brother's head sometimes.

"I didn't know." Blake says with a dramatic sigh. "I am not foolish to promise her something that I know is bad for her. But how am I going to explain the situation to her now?"

"Just do what brother Berson said." Brian advices. "It's better if you tell her the truth and coax her properly. She won't be angry at you. I'm sure."

Blake nods at his word. Brian was always good with words. He will be able to coax anyone easily no matter how angry, upset or frustrated the person is with him. But Blake is a different thing. He was too lazy to understand people's emotion. He never understood anyone's feeling before speaking. His mother would scold him from time to time because of his irresponsible mouth.

"Well, I think you ar-"

"Brother!"

A pleasant voice suddenly rangs in the tense atomspheare. Blake's body tense up and he stiffly looks at the living room's door. There, standing beside Berson, wearing a pink chiffon dress and smiling broadly at him is his sister. Blake swallows what he was about to say and calls to her.

"B-bella. What brings you here?"

Bella looks at her brother and almost runs to him. She is really excited. It has been so many days since she ate something. Even though she doesn't like strawberry much. In her previous life, she used to despise strawberry. But beggars can't be choosers. She isn't in any position to demand to her brothers to buy her something that is hard to come by. She knows that in this era where people lives on nutrition liquid, even fruits are expensive let alone foods. But she is still happy that her brothers promised to fulfill her wish.

"Did you bought them?" Bella asks with a curious eyes. Blake looks at her for a while before shakily reach out to her and sits her in his lap.

"Bella....before that.....I want to talk to you about some things. And it's very serious."

Bella's smile somewhat falls and she looks up at him in disappointment. She knows that fruits must be expensive but she didn't realize it would so expensive that her brother won't be able to buy them. She shakes her head mentally and tries to cheer herself up. They already loves her a lot. She can't be too greedy and asks for things that they couldn't give her.

"What's wrong brother?" Bella quickly hides her disappointment and masks it with a curious look. Blake noticed his sister's innocent look and feels even more guilty.

"That....I.... remember that I promised to buy you some fruits?" Blake asks and Bella nods still maintaining a curious expression.

"I can't keep the promise." Blake says softly while looking at her. Bella tilts her head and asks "Is it because they are expensive?"

"What? No!" Blake firmly denies and shakes his head like a rattle drum.
"Bella, I will give you anything you like even if it takes my whole life to earn." Blake emphasizes his every words. He wants his sister to have an pleasant impression of him. He wants her to rely on him. When in the past he asked her what she wanted, she never responded. He always felt that he was taking care of a doll, not a human. No desire or want could be seen in her face. He was happy when Bella wanted something from him for the first time. But he wasn't worthy enough to fulfill such a small wish of her. Not only that he, also gave her fake promise. He feels so suffocating in his heart. As if someone is squeezing his heart hard.