Chapter 39

While having a heart-warming moment, Bella's eyes suddenly lits up with a wonderful idea.

"Mom, Dad, can I sleep here today, please?"

Both Beth and Brandon looks at their daughter with a raised brow. They had a hunch that their daughter is a science lover. When they first talked about going on a spaceship, they saw how her eyes lit up like a gem. Not only that, whenever they showed her some gadgets and their uses, her eyes would always sparkle, like a cluster of sapphire. Seeing her interested in technology, they are sure that she loves them. Well, it's not unusual considering that she has been sick for so long and didn't have any contact with the outside world. So, seeing her asking for their permission to sleep at the observatory, they gladly obliges.

"Of course, sweetheart. We will do as you say."

"Yay!"

Bella jumps in her place with excitement and kisses both her parent on the cheek. The three of them laughs together before her father calls for someone to come and bring some beddings for them to sleep. Bella didn't saw anyone on the ship, not even a robot. So when her father called for someone, she was curious as who it would be to come. It would be a lie to say she wasn't surprised when she saw someone coming from the door of the observatory.

"Bella, meet our pilot, Zero. And Zero, as you know, this lovely young lady is our daughter, Bella."

"Hello." Bella politely greets the young man before her. He looks around the age of 22 or something. He has a head full light brown locks with a pair of sea green eyes. Bella wasn't surprised to see that the young man named Zero was pretty handsome. After all, coming here all she saw was beautiful people, not even an insect of this era is ugly let alone actual human. But Bella feels a little strange after seeing Zero. She couldn't pin point why or where is the strange feeling coming from. Could it be his unusual pale complexion? But Bella knows that there are many human species in this era who has deadly pale skin, like Blueman. Normal humans also has pale skin with a red tint on them. Then why does she thinks that the color of his skin is a little unusual?

Suddenly it clicks in her mind. The reason why Bella was feeling strange is definitely because of his skin. Yes, his skin is completely white. No red or blue tint in them. Just white, like a dead person without any blood.

Although, it seems Bella has been looking at Zero and thinking about him for a long time, it only was just a second before she caught the unusualness. In the meantime, Zero also returned her greeting with a smile.

"Hello, Bella. You may not remember me but I've saw you several times. But you never talked to me."

"Err... sorry for that. You know I was sick."

Bella says in embarrassment. This body of hers previously lived like a robot. Even as simple as a conversation with someone, she didn't do it. She really couldn't understand the difference between her being born or not born.

"It's okay. I knew you were sick. I didn't mind."

Bella had a question she wanted to ask but was hesitating. She wanted to ask if he was a human or not. But before she could, her dad beats him to it.

"Well, Zero. Please prepare some beddings for us. Today we will be sleeping here."

"Right away, sir." Zero responses almost robot like before departing. Bella sighs as he leaves. Her opportunity of asking is gone.

It didn't take long before Zero came back, along with some small robot behind him. The small robots are all flying, like drones of her previous life. Unlike drones that doesn't have any limbs, this robots has. They don't have any legs like limbs since they can fly. But they does have a pair of hands and a very small head at the top of their body. They looks similar to the robot Eve from the movie <<Wall-E>>. But those Eve robots were much cuter than this robots. The robots in front of her just looks like the uglier version of Eve.