Chapter 40

When Bella woke up from her slumber she was startled finding herself lying inside of a dark void. But Soon she calms down. She forgot that she slept inside the void-like observatory. A surge of fear found itself inside her body when the first thing she saw after waking up is the darkness. She thought she died again. But after observing her surrounding, her heart settles down. It seems she is not dead; again. But where is her parents? Weren't they with her?

With a confused mind, Bella leaves the observatory and starts to search for her parents. Although she has seen most of the parts of the ship, she knows that what she has seen is only the half of the whole ship. Her parents only showed her the second floor where their bedrooms are and a part of the third floor. Thus, she is having a hard time finding her parents. There's no other human being inside the ship except for she and her parents. She didn't even see any robots. After searching the third floor, she becomes confused. Where did her parents go?

Bella steps on the accelerator to go down. She was thinking of going to the second floor. But before she could go to the second floor, she saw her parents sitting on the couch of the living room.

"Mom! Dad!"

Bella calls happily but her parents didn't look at her. Bella frowns in confusion. That's odd. Her parents never ignored her when she called them. Then what happened to them today? Upon squinting her eyes, she realizes that the expression on their faces isn't good. Her father's face is grim while a frown is etched onto her mother's smooth forehead. Bella couldn't help but lament seeing their expression. Did something happened while she was asleep?

"Mom? Dad? What's wrong?"

"Oh! Bella. Darling, when did you woke up?"

Beth stands up upon seeing her daughter. They were so immersed in the current situation that they didn't realize their daughter has woken up. Who knows, maybe her daughter was searching for them. Her poor baby, she must have been scared not seeing them beside her.

"I've woken up quite a while. I was calling you but you guys didn't even response. Did.... something happened?"

"Haha...what could possibly happen?"

Brandon lets out a nervous chuckle at his daughter's question. The situation at hand is already handled. They are going to land on the private space station up ahead. Although it took them a bucket of buttering words for the owner to convince them on landing on the private space station, they are still happy that they could escape the calamity. But Brandon doesn't want his daughter to know anything. She may question and it may be hard to conceal it from her, still he will do his best to conceal the information from him. For the first time in his life he is regretting a little for his daughter  being normal.

"Then why do your faces looks like you've through some shi- I mean, through something."

"Well...." Brandon starts, not before sitting his daughter between him and his wife.

"You see, we're having a little problem."

"Problem? What problem?"

Bella asks. Her parents are acting pretty suspicious. As if they are hiding something from her. She doesn't know as what could they hide from her. But she is going to find out no matter what.

"Nothing! No problem."

Beth glares at her husband and lets out a nervous chuckle. It took her a while to force her husband to spill everything. But she doesn't want her daughter to know anything about it. Even it means telling some lies.

"But Dad said there's a problem."

Bella retorts. She is not going to give her parents a way if she wants to know what her parents are hiding.