Chapter 18

Few children flew past Bella and her parents on their vehicles, giggling with each other. Bella looks at the children with wide eyes. Their vehicles are nothing but scooter, skate shoes and skateboard. But none of them have any wheels neither they are running on the road. They are floating above the ground like they are flying. The same blue light is emitting under their vehicles. Bella still couldn't understand the reason of the blue light but she is pretty sure those lights are the reason all the vehicles can float and fly. But Bella is curious. What are those vehicle's name? Are they the same as the 21st century?

"Mom, what are their names?" Bella points at the floating children and asks her mom. Beth looks at the direction her daughter pointed and sees that Bella is pointing at the vehicles that the children are riding.

"That's name is hoverboard." Beth points at the skateboard looking vehicles and says. "That's called scooter." Beth points at the scooter like thingy and says. "And that's..." By now they have reached the children on the accelerator. The children are now floating on the air and giggling among themselves. They are standing in front of a tall building. Bella peeks at the building and sees a big sign floating in the air, in front of the building says GAME ZONE.

"That's are skate shoes." Beth points at on of the girl's feet. Bella is a little surprised knowing their vehicles' name. They are the same as before, haven't changed at all. Right when they passed the children, they children suddenly jump off their vehicles and goes into the building beside them. Laughing and pushing each other all the way. Bella smiles at the children's behavior. They all looked children around her age. No matter what the era is, the children are all the same.

They keep moving on the accelerator as Bella notices more things. Most of the buildings are same colours. Black, white, brown on transparent. They looks more metallic than cementic. But what puzzling to her is the Skyroads. The more forward they are going, the wider the glass Skyroads are getting. She even saw few Skyroads joined together like tunnels. Before she saw one glass vehicles moving in the Skyroads but now she can see one or two glass vehicles moving side by side. Some are going their way and some are going opposite. The buildings are also getting more and more complex. Some of the slender Skyroads are directly attached to some of the buildings.

"Where does these Skyroads goes?" Bella asks after observing for a moment. She has been observing the Skyroads for a while but still couldn't figure out where does they stops.

"These?" Brandon looks at the Skyroads that his daughter pointed and asks. "They goes to their respective stations."

"Station?" Bella asks in puzzlement. "Then why are those attached to the buildings?" Bella points at the few Skyroads that are attached to some buildings and asks.

"Because they are those building's Skyroads for their employees." Brandon explains. His daughter looks really cute when she asks questions.

"Oh...they are like office busses..." Bella mumbles to herself. She finally understood why some of the Skyroads are attached to some buildings. They are like bus and car that some company used to give to their employees in her 21st century.

"What?" Brandon asks seeing his daughter mumbling to herself. Bella shakes her head and says "nothing."

Bella keeps observing her surroundings. There may be a lot of buildings but there's a lot of trees too. Though Bella can't recognize most of them. Except for a few cherry blossoms, maple trees, rose and tulips, she can't recognize any. She even saw few caesalpinia pulcherrima trees. The red flowers at the crown of the trees looks so beautiful and magical standing with the tall buildings. But Bella couldn't understand how such a temperate area's flower can be bloom in this western weather like area. But she knows all these are possible because she is in a high-tech era.