21. Rendezvous 18.6y

! Please read the author's note !
_____________________________________

"Han Jisung! Stop right where you are!"

"Huh?" the blond froze with a notebook halfway in his backpack. The lectures had just ended, and the boy was packing his belongings.

Felix's fluffy pink hair bounced with every step he took towards the boy; Seungmin joining him at his own calm pace. He pulled finger guns at the perplexed friend and said: "You are under arrest for hiding something from us."

Jisung put his hands up, acting along, and grinned sheepishly. "I guess I am guilty."

The two friends looked at each other before dragging him out of the class.

...

"So?" Felix asked excitingly, not even caring to swallow the spoonful of rainbow cake he had taken into his mouth.

"It's about Minho hyung, isn't it?" Seungmin inquired and took a sip of his iced coffee.

Jisung choked on his strawberry cheesecake, and his cheeks turned the same color as the fruit in the dessert. He cleared his throat and bit his lower lip.

"Well, yes. It's about Minho hyung and I," he corrected. "You see w-we are-" he stuttered, feeling his friends' gazes fixed on him. "We are a couple," he confessed in a small voice and turned his head away from the two.

"Finally, minsung!" he pink-haired boy squealed happily while the cherry-haired smiled victoriously muttering "I knew it."

"We're so happy for you!" Felix exclaimed with an eye-crinkling smile. "Look at you, you've changed from a heartbroken mess to a lovesick puppy in a day. Tell us how did it happen."

...

Jisung bit his lip to keep his facial expression straight. He didn't want to look like some creep smiling to himself in public, although he couldn't help the warm and fuzzy feeling in his chest when he thought about the recent events.

Oh god, I am truly lovesick, aren't I?

He sat in the back of the bus and started to drift away in his thoughts, staring at the lively night Seoul streets.

"Minho hyung likes me, I like him. We are a couple, but what now? Do I ask him on dates? Do I wait for him to ask me on dates? Do we move in together? What if his cats suddenly stop liking me?" he panicked mentally over his relationship with the older. He didn't know what to do, and it overwhelmed him.

His train of thoughts was interrupted by the name of his bus stop being called. Jisung stepped out into the chilly evening street and pulled his hood over his blond locks. He took out his phone and played a tranquil R&B song from his playlist. The night view of the busy city and the fresh breeze accompanied by music had a calming effect on his mind.

Suddenly, his phone vibrated and he saw a notification of a message from Minho.

Meet me at the rooftop of our apartment complex at 9 p.m.

Jisung checked the time. It was 8:45. He had 15 minutes to get there, so he sped up a bit, not minding the tingly feeling in the pit of his stomach.

The closer he got to his destination, the warmer his cheeks were and the faster his heart beat. What could the older want to do on the rooftop at this hour?

The blond clenched his fingers on his backpack straps and started climbing the stairs. He pushed the door to the rooftop and suddenly, his vision got blocked by a warm pair of hands.

"Minho hyung?"

"Surprise," the said boy softly chuckled and retrieved his hands.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Hi everyone! ❣

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's a bit shorter than most of the chapters, but I wanted to leave the best part for the next one.

Thank you so much for over 1k votes and 18k reads! I am speechless. I can't describe how grateful I am for all the love and support this book gets. It's been a little bit over a year since I started to write it, and although I update it once in a blue moon, you keep reading it. Thank you, truly. Sometimes I get down and doubt every sentence I have written so far, but when I get notifications about people voting on my book, commenting on it, or adding it to their reading lists it keeps me going.
Every type of support matters, and I'm grateful for every one of you, my dear readers. 🤧❤

I want to celebrate the 1k votes and publish a new minsung book which would also contain a cat motive. Beside the new book, I plan to write a special chapter with mature content but since I've kept this book family-friendly so far, and I know that not everyone is a fan of smuts, I have a question.

Would you like a spicy minsung chapter? If yes, do you want it in the book (I would put warnings, no worries) or do you prefer me to publish it as an individual one-shot?

Chapter's title inspiration: Rendezvous 18.6y by Loona/yyxy

Have a lovely day/night. ❤