2. Meow?

"And? What happened next?" a fluffy-haired boy bounced with curiosity at a story he was being told.

"Nothing." Jisung sighed slightly irritated.

He wasn't annoyed with his friend but with himself and maybe, just maybe, with the stranger from earlier.

Well, sure it was his fault for misunderstanding the situation but wouldn't it be nice for the other to laugh it off to make things less embarrassing for the blond boy?

"He went inside his flat with disinterest." he ended.

"Aww, I thought that he gave you his number or at least introduced himself since he's your new neighbour. " the other boy sighed with disappointment, his head laid down on the desk resting on his forearm.

Jisung turned his head to the side to fully face his friend.

"Why do you seem more emotionally involved in the situation than me?". He would lie if he said that he wasn't amused by Felix's reaction to the story details.

"Well, I was hoping for some love-at-first-sight content but it turns out the guy's an asshole." he shrugged.

Jisung frowned upon hearing that but decided to turn a blind eye to Felix's ridiculous comment and cracked up at his friend's straightforwardness.

Later that day

The blond boy dragged his feet up the stairs slowly approaching his floor. Saying he was tired would be an understatement. He was exhausted.

There was an elevator in the apartment building but Jisung wasn't very fond of the possibility of sharing the small space with strangers. Of course, he used it from time to time but it wasn't that necessary since he lived on the 3 floor.

He glanced over the not-so-friendly new neighbour's door and frowned recalling the morning events before walking inside his own flat.

Finally home.

He took off his platformed Converse and threw his backpack under his desk.

Not even five minutes later he was sound asleep with a delicate spring breeze coming from the slightly opened window by his bed and caressing his blond strands.

~

"Meow"

Meow?

Jisung rubbed his eyelids sleepily to awaken himself from his nap.

Just as the boy thought that he must have heard the sound in his dreams the meowing renewed, this time sounding more desperate.

He shot his eyes open and spotted a ginger cat on the windowsill outside his window. It looked terrified. Jisung acted quickly opening the window as gently as he could to not scare the poor being and waited for it to step inside.

"Come here kitty. I promise I won't hurt you." he encouraged the cat to hurry into his room.

In the blink of an eye, the ginger cat hopped gracefully in Jisung's arms.

"There, there. Good kitty. It's all good now." he smiled at the ginger fluff ball which seemed to calm down in his embrace.

"What were you doing up so high?". The cat looked at him with its big eyes and meowed shyly.

Jisung cooed at its adorable white patch on its nose. Then he noticed a baby blue  collar on the cat's neck. He took it gently in his fingers to find any information that would help him reach the owner.

“Soonie... xxx-xxx-xxx”

___________________________________________

Hi everyone! 🌼

Thank you for reading my book.
Feel free to comment, vote, and correct me if you see any errors.

Sentences in the cursive font are thoughts and those underlined or "~" are time skippers.

Have a lovely day/night 💞