4. Pit-a-pat

Minho plopped down on the floor and brushed his fingers through his sweat dripping bangs, his clothes sticking to his saturated body.

“Good job today” a male squatted down beside him smiling at the younger.

“Thanks, Hyung, although I still have a lot to learn from you,” Minho exclaimed returning the smile.

“Don't be so humble. You're doing great.” the older hit his arm playfully. “By the way, have you moved into your new apartment yet?”

Minho sighed to himself recalling the day's events. “Yes, I have. I couldn't have asked for anything better with its location so close to the dance studio and my university but my cats don't feel at home yet. They were really stressed out about the whole moving out thing.”

For a brisk moment, the blond boy next door from the morning crossed his mind but he brushed the image off.

“Well, I hope they'll accommodate soon. Don't forget to invite me over once you're settled.” the older got up from his squatting position and having waved at the boy he exited the room.

“Bye Jungkook Hyung!” Minho waved back smiling to himself.

Once the adrenaline from dancing buzzing in his veins was gone he felt drained again. 

After chugging down a bottle of water and taking his leave he checked his phone. Two calls from an unknown number and a voice message?
He decided to check the voice message first.

Hi. I believe I've found your cat. Please contact me as soon as you can.” a warm boy's voice stated.

I knew it was a bad idea to leave them alone in a new place on the first day.

~

Jisung opened the door and his eyes met a familiar face.

“Oh?” he let out a sound of surprise.
The blond boy was quite dumbfounded at the sight in front of him.

Minho tilted his head to the side and raised his brow in a questioning manner. “Uh- hi?”

“H-hi!” the blond boy stuttered snapping back to reality. Before he could gesture for the other to come in the ginger fluff went past him and jumped into her owner's arms when he crouched down to pick her up.

“Soonie, what did you do this time?” he asked with disapproval. The cat only snuggled further into his embrace meowing apologetically.

“I found her on my windowsill.”

“She must have gone out by an open window.” he mumbled more to himself than to Jisung analyzing the newly gained information.

“Oh right! Thank you so much for taking care of her.. I guess.” he trailed off not looking the blond boy in the eyes.

Jisung couldn't quite put a finger on the other's behaviour. The boy had an unreadable expression on his face when he had turned his attention back to Jisung. Despite his cold appearance, the blond boy found his new neighbour astonishing.

He quickly averted his eyes and tried to look anywhere else but his handsome face stopping at his legs in the process. Oh God... would you look at those thighs.

Jisung coughed violently trying to cover up the fact that he had just checked out the other's thighs.

“No problem. She's really sweet.” he glanced over the ball of fur playing with the other's hoodie strings, cheeks red from the embarrassment.

“I guess I'll get going. Bye- uh?” Minho stopped remembering he doesn't know the blond's name.

“Jisung. Han Jisung.” the younger picked up on the hint.

“Right, bye Jisung.” he waved vaguely at him and directed his steps towards his apartment.

As soon as Minho disappeared from his sight he slammed the door in a hurry and leaned against it with one hand clutching his sweatshirt at heart level.

What a fucking loser you are Han Jisung. Stop embarrassing yourself in front of attractive people.

__________________________________________

Hi, hello everyone! 🌼

Firstly, thank you so so sooooo much for almost 150 reads and the votes. It really makes me over the moon. 💖

As always, thank you for reading my book. Please, feel free to comment, vote, and correct me if you see any errors.

I have my finals in a week but I was so happy about the new SKZ album (which I purchased first thing after waking up to the news of preorder lol) and their other content (Bang Chan's song 🥺🥺🥺) that I got motivated to update this book.

This chapter's title is inspired by PITAPAT (DKDK) by fromis_9 💗

Have a lovely day/night. 💞