22. Dance the night away

Minho retrieved his hands and Jisung gasped at the cute scenery. There was a picnic mat on the right side with various types of sandwiches, drinks, and fruits. Small tinsel and cushions adorned the mat. By the mat sat two pairs of roller skates.

The left side was turned into a makeshift roller disco with colorful lights beaming brightly in the night.

The boy's eyes lit up like a child's who entered a candy store. He loved the way his boyfriend decorated the rooftop and prepared a picnic under the stars to surprise him.

Minho chuckled at the younger's obvious excitement. He grabbed his hand and led him to the mat. Jisung sat down and put down his backpack gazing at everything in awe.

"You did this all for me?" he asked, eyes twinkling more beautiful then the stars above.

Minho nodded and sat down next to him. "I realized my confession yesterday wasn't the most romantic so... I planned to take you to roller disco but since there would be many people and I know you feel uncomfortable in crowded spaces I prepared a picnic. Do you like it?" he smiled shyly and scratched his nape.

The younger grinned and pecked his lover's cheek. "I love it. Thank you. But what about your fear of heights? Will you be okay?" he asked suddenly worried.

"It's okay as long as we stay in the middle," he reasurred. "So..." Minho began, "shall we dance?"

The blond boy glanced at the white rollerskates and nodded eagerly. He had had never ridden them but he always had wanted to. The fact that his boyfriend prepared the roller disco date by himself made him experience butterflies in his tummy.

The older helped Jisung put the roller skates on then proceeded to do the same and took his hand.

At first Jisung was a wobbly mess but with the help of Minho's hands that were supporting him, one around the boy's tiny waist and one under his forearm, he gradually got a hang of it. Minho encouraged him with compliments.

After a few minutes of struggling to keep straight and squeaking whenever he felt like stumbling, the blond boy finally relaxed enough to hear the soft music and feel the romanticness of the night.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Minho asked pulling him closer and putting one hand and his small waist. Jisung's cheeks turned a delicate shade of red. Suddenly too shy to answer, he hummed looking down. Minho chuckled and stopped.

"How about we sit down for a moment and have something to drink? Your face is burning," he proposed with a gentle smile. Jisung nodded again and let Minho lead him to the picnic mat. He helped him take his roller skates off and put a blanket on his shoulders saying,

"Here. It's getting colder. I don't want you to catch a cold."

Jisung thanked him in a small voice and shyly grabbed onto the fluffy blanket. How could Minho be so thoughtful and sweet? He wanted to hide his flushed face in the blanket.

[...]

It was later that night when he woke up and panicked. They weren't at the rooftop anymore, he noted. The room was dark but it was clear it wasn't him room, but Minho's. He didn't remember falling asleep at any point of their date. Did Minho carried him all the way down?

He quickly noticed the older's hands wrapped around his waist as he kept him close to his warm body. He turned his head carefully to take a look at him and he almost accidentally kissed him.

"Why are you so close!?," Jisung whisper-yelled and hid his face in the palms of his hands. His face was flaming hot and his heart was pounding in his chest. He wanted to move away from Minho not to wake him up but the grip on his waist was too strong.

Quietly fighting for his freedom, Jisung accidentally pushed his lower body against Minho's and squeaked when he felt him. "This can't be. Jisung you idiot!" he thought.

Minho's eyes fluttered open and he looked at the younger in surprise.

"What are you doing?" he murmured in a raspy voice. Jisung froze and for a moment considered acting asleep but it would be even more embarrassing and stupid.

"S—sorry, I couldn't sleep," he finally replied. Minho sighed and brought him closer to his chest so now the younger could hear his calming heartbeat.

"You should have woken me up sooner, you know..." Minho responded on the verge of falling asleep again.

Jisung apologised again but the older didn't respond. "He fell asleep," he thought, slowly becoming drowsy himself. Minho's rhythmic heartbeat and pleasant warmth lulled him eventually to sleep.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Hi everyone! How have you been? I can't believe it's been almost three years since the last update. I have to be honest, I'm more into bottom Binnie fics now, but I do keep minsung in my heart.

This chapter might be the last one. However, I still owe you a smut, so don't worry. I will write it eventually. Thank you for reading ❤️