5. Shot thru the heart

The next day Jisung woke up to the dazzling sunlight pouring into his bedroom. He propped himself on his elbows scrunching his nose at the blinding light. Thanks to the day's before events the blond boy stayed up late overthinking his pitiful self.

Since he was woken up by the warm sunshine and couldn't fall back to sleep he decided to get up and eat something.

I had to make a fool of myself twice... Just great. he thought as he got up from the bed.

Leisurely the boy made his way to the kitchen. Luckily for Jisung, it was weekend so he didn't have to hurry to school.

Just as he was about to take a plastic cup of instant ramyeon out of the cupboard an ear-piercing sound of doorbell rang through the whole apartment making the blond boy flinch at its suddenness.

“I swear to God if it's Felix and his loud ass I won't hesitate to kick him out,” he mumbled to himself as he approached the door and opened it with a swing.

Oh?

To his surprise, it was not his best friend but the new neighbour.

“Hi?” he greeted the other almost questioningly as he couldn't think of any rational reason for the boy to stand at his doorstep.

“Hi, Jisung right?” he glanced at the blond boy seeking reassurance before continuing. The younger didn't know where this was going but he nodded anyway. “Uh-um... it may sound weird of me but I wanted to ask you a favor.”

Jisung tried hard not to show any sign of confusion that kept growing with every sentence the chocolate-haired boy voiced but he tilted his head to the side slightly giving away his perplexity.

The attractive neighbour wanted to ask him a favor? “What favor?” he thought aloud subconsciously.

“As you might have noticed I just moved in yesterday and my cats are not used to the new place yet...” he said looking at the blond boy who nodded his head to show that he understands. “What I mean is that I have a dance practice today and I'm afraid they might stress out about being alone in an unfamiliar place just as much as yesterday.”

“And you want me to look after them in the meantime?” the younger asked with a small smile forming on his lips as the older looked rather shy about his request. They had met only the day before but Jisung had witnessed so many sides of him already that he found him intriguing.

Minho was definitely one fine man. Even with slightly disheveled strands, jet black sweats, and a plain matching t-shirt with a silver necklace encircling his neck he looked stunning. And yeah... his thighs. he mentally shooed the thought away.

“Yeah, if it's okay with you.” he murmured scratching his nape.

“Well, I guess it's okay. I don't have any plans for today plus your cats seem lovely. Especially Soonie.” Jisung chuckled softly recalling the ginger kitty's silliness.

Minho's features brightened immediately, a smile reaching his eyes. “Thank you so much Sungie!” he exclaimed gratefully.

Sungie” uh-oh? the blond boy's cheeks turned crimson red at the other's change of behavior.

What kind of shot through the heart situation is this?

__________________________________________

Hi, hello everyone! 🌼

Thank you so so so much for reading my book. Please feel free to comment, vote, and correct me if you see any errors.

I'm finally done with my exams and I'm rather content with the results (at least the English part).😅

I also realized that the book's storyline is proceeding painfully slow and I'm sorry about that but I promise it'll get more interesting (or cliché as my lovely friend commented when I asked for her opinion) in a chapter or two.

There's one more topic I would like to cover shortly in my Author's Note. I don't normally voice my thoughts like that but that's just purely devastating and enraging what's happening right now and has been happening for centuries. I strongly believe that no human being deserves discrimination and degradation. We bleed the same, we cry the same, we laugh the same. It's tragic how some people look down on others and make their lives harder just because of their skin color.

I apologize for voicing my thoughts in a book but I felt like I just couldn't overlook it.

This chapter's title is inspired by Twice's Shot thru the heart. 💗

Have a lovely day/night. 💞