1. Kitten?

Jisung groaned as he saw the time displayed on his phone screen. He overslept.

“Not again” he muttered under his breath.

This was his 3rd time running late this week. The boy didn't care much about it in general since it wasn't uncommon for college students to arrive at class later than they should but he didn't like the attention he was getting every time he turned up late.

He took a quick shower, put on some random clean clothes, and grabbed an apple from the counter while trying to put on his shoes. He luckily didn't trip over his own feet which lifted his mood up a bit since he was known for being clumsy.

He wasn't exactly paying attention to his surroundings while heading out and trying to lock the door to his apartment. What he heard when he stepped out in the hall and put his apartment key in the lock though was quite shocking and brought him back to reality.

“Hey kitten, where are you going?” a warm male voice not far from where he was standing called out.

Jisung wasn't sure whether it was addressed to him but before he could process anything he blurted out the quotation of the stranger's speech mentally cursing himself for stuttering.

“Ki-Kitten?” shock visible in his voice.

He turned to face the person from whose mouth the words came out and only then did he realize his misinterpretation.

By the door next to his apartment stood a young handsome man with a confused look on his face and a greyish kitten brushing up against his leg. He picked the cat gently side-eyeing the blond boy.

“Yeah, I was talking to my cat.” he gestured to the small kitty, his voice not so pleasantly warm this time.

“Oh...” the blond boy could feel his cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

Suddenly, he regretted not tripping over his feet while heading out.

Jisung wasn't the kind of person who took others' opinions about himself to his heart but he had a trait of overthinking his mistakes. Every time he embarrassed himself he would space out throughout the following days and recall the situation with sheepishness.

And he was a hundred percent sure that this situation was going to occupy his mind for at least a month.

__________________________________________

Hi everyone! 🌼

Thank you for reading my book.
Feel free to comment, vote, and correct me if you see any errors.

I suck at writing but I thought that this would be a great opportunity to practice my English before the school-leaving exam plus I have fun writing about my favourite ships. 🙈

Have a lovely day/night. 💖