15. Warm milk

Lost in the maze of your eyes
I try to find the way out
A step closer to the edge
I'm falling for you again|

A faint sound of fingertips against the glass surface reverberated through the tranquil apartment building as Jisung transferred his overflowing emotions into words; his heart beating faster with every step of the stairs he took.

Despite not knowing how the boy was determined to confront the older about the morning events. A wave of electricity surged through his veins; anxiety buzzing in his insides.

The whole way back home Jisung's mind had been all over the place, taking twists and turns - from hopeful rays of sunshine to the darkest worst-case scenarios: how will he face Minho, what to say, what his answer will be, how will he react.

The blond still needed time to unscramble his complex emotions but he no longer wanted to deny the feelings that awoke every time the older's face appeared in his mind. Blood rushing to his cheeks, heart pounding loudly against his ribcage in the almost suffocating manner and messy thoughts orbiting around the feline features of the older's mesmerizing face - everything he acknowledged but didn't want to label just yet.

A sudden 'ding' brought him back to reality, his fingers froze above the phone screen.

A new message from Minho

The boy hesitated for a second before tapping on the notification.

Minho

Are you home?
I want to talk with you.

Suddenly aware of his surroundings, Jisung panicked. Not only was he on his floor but very close to his door too. There was no way of retreat.

What do I do now?

The only thing that came to his mind was to reply with a lie; panic taking over his rationality. Fumbling with the keys to his apartment in one hand and the phone in the other the boy decided to submit to his cowardice.

Hannie

I'm out
Sorry

All I need to do is go inside and act like I'm not home.

A clink of the metal meeting the ground echoed through the hallway and Jisung's heart skipped a bit.

No no no, he couldn't have heard it.
No way. Don't panic, don't panic...

The blond boy repeated the words like a mantra, trying to regain his composure.

As if on a cue, the door to the apartment next to his swung open and the chocolate-haired boy stepped outside with a phone in one hand.

Still crouching, Jisung raised his gaze to meet the older's unamused look.

"Oh, you must be Han Jisung's twin?" Minho spoke up sarcastically, showing off his ingenuine smile.

Jisung scrambled up in a rush and with a panicked laugh reached for his doorknob.

"Hahaha, how did you know. Sorry but I have to go. It was nice meeting you Jisung's neighbour!" the boy tried to unlock the door and get in.