17. Not fine

The past few days had been rough on the blond boy. He knew it was stupid of him to care so much about Minho when they had only known each other for such a short period. Jisung tried to convince himself that there was no reason to weep over his broken heart. It had always been like that. He let his romantic side take over rationality and he only ended hurt.

One part of him wanted to block Minho out of his life as much as it was possible, given the fact they were neighbors and stay inside his safe bubble to stop all the painful notions in his chest he felt every time his mind drifted to the boy. The other part crushed his spirits with accusations of egoism - he should be happy for the boy, shouldn't he? Even if the older had feelings for someone else he should accept it and be a good friend.

At some point, the constant overthinking had triggered the blond's anxiety. The intrusive thoughts and the small amount of sleep he was getting because of it didn't help at all. He almost fought with his friends due to the pent-up feelings. The blond boy knew that the two were simply worried about him and were trying to help him but he didn't want to burden them with his problems. All he wanted was to move on; the quicker, the better.

"Just listen to us for a moment. We-"

"No, you listen! I don't want to talk about it," Jisung raised his voice at the two friends who tried to catch him after the lectures had ended. "I- I need time. I'll be okay, I promise," he whispered almost inaudibly with a drained voice too ashamed of his vulnerable state to even look at the two worried boys.

"Remember that you always have us by your side, okay?" Seungmin reassured the blond patting his shoulder sympathetically while Felix gave Jisung a warm side-hug. The boy suddenly felt like crying but he bit his lower lip hard and nodded gratefully to his two friends.

Jisung sighed almost lifelessly. He wished the feelings he had developed for Minho in such a short time would go just as quickly as they came. Maybe they could even stay as friends. He really liked the older not only romantically. Minho was fun to have around, beside Jisung missed the three cuddly babies. The boy smiled weakly as he climbed the stairs to his apartment after his evening classes. If it was not for the cats he wouldn't even befriend him.

As he was reaching for the keys in his pocket to unlock the door a sound of the elevator opening disturbed the tranquility of the corridor. The boy's breath quickened and he felt a rush of panic wash over him. He prayed that it wasn't Minho while struggling with the lock. Jisung's heart was about to jump out of his chest when he heard closing in footsteps.

Come on!

He cursed his clumsy hands trying to flee the corridor unnoticed.

"Oh? Hi!" an unfamiliar voice called out making the boy jump in fear and look in its direction. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," the boy bowed slightly with an apologetic smile. Jisung froze. The boy looked his age, maybe a few years older. He had long dark hair parted in the middle and handsome, rabbit-ish features. The stranger's outfit was on the oversized side but it still gave away the boy's well-built silhouette.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, nice to meet you. Are you Minho's neighbor?" the boy smiled charmingly at the bewildered blond.

Is he the one Minho has feelings for? Has he confessed already?

_____________________________

Hi everyone! ❣

How have you been? I hope you are doing okay. ❤

I'm finally back and I want to apologize for abandoning this book for almost half a year. As I have mentioned in the previous chapter (which I decided to delete now that I'm back) things had been pretty chaotic for me. I had to retake some exams and I was too drained and unmotivated to update. I also want to thank all of the people who wished me good luck and showed their sympathy. Thank you for all the lovely comments and votes! ❤

Also, almost 11k reads? H o l y g u a c a m o l y 💔

Thank you to everyone who read this book! Please, don't be a silent reader. I would love to hear your thoughts on the storyline, characters, etc. so I can refine it. I love all your comments and although I don't know how to reply to them sometimes I appreciate them. 🥰

Lastly, I want to promote my other books because maybe you'll find something you'll like:

♡ Off-duty love | hyunin ♡
side ships: seungbin (+ more coming, cop!Minho + graffiti maker!Jisung chapter, maybe?)

♤ Let you go | changjin ♤
side ships: seungchan (+ more coming)

♧ shy boy | changjin ♧
It's a new book but a small spoiler: everyone is whipped for baby changbin

Stay strong, stay safe, stay happy, stay STAY! 💓

Have a lovely day/night 💞