Chapter 11

Ready for a plot twist? Here ya gooo! Another one bcs I probably won't write tomorrow.

"You remember Kendall yeah? We had French with her?" Harry says, bottle of champagne in his hand. Both boys are sitting on the bed, laughing so hard.

Alcohol makes your greatest enemy your best friend.

"The one with the black hair?" Louis asks before he takes a big gulp of his bottle of wine.

"Exactly, her! Well, we were helping for prom right? So Niall and I just put up the banner, but something was missing so Niall takes the bucket of paint so he can add it so we don't have to put it down again. He drops the bucket and all the paint was all over her." Tears are streaming down both boys' faces from laughter.

"She totally freaked out." Harry laughs, looking for breath "Because she thought it was about me breaking up with her a year ago and I set up Niall to do it on purpose. God, she is so pathetic." Harry wipes away some tear that was in the corner of his eye.

"Like you wouldn't be able to do that with someone just because you broke up." Louis mumbles under his breath, and the happy atmosphere immediately disappears.

"I want to talk to you about something what you said earlier." Harry slurs.

"Talk then." Louis isn't impressed, he just puts the bottle on his mouth again.

"When I talked about Taylor hiding me and you said that I had to shut up because I was hidden out of protection and not out of shame... Do you really think that I hid you out of shame?" Harry looks up at Louis, who is frozen now.

"I don't want to talk about it, Harry." Louis snaps, leaving the bed so he can take place on his couch. Not that it's far from the bed, but at least he isn't sharing anything with Harry.

"I do. I never hid you because I was ashamed of you, Louis. I hid you because I was ashamed of myself, because I wasn't strong like you." Harry whispers. "I couldn't just come out like you did."

"You are drunk, Harry. I don't want to have this conversation. Not now, not ever." Louis turns around so his back faces the curly boy.

"I loved you, Louis." Louis can hear how desperate Harry sounds and he is crying already. Louis is an emotional drunk and this is hard to process. He doesn't want to talk about their past.

"We were sixteen. There was no love, I don't believe it. If there was, you wouldn't have treated me the way you did. Now leave me alone and go to sleep." Louis closes his eyes, trying to forget the memories that Harry just brought up. But he can't help but think about them, his heart beating a bit faster as it should.

"Stupid bike." Louis murmurs, kicking the vehicle with a flat tire. "Fuck this shit."

"Can I help you?" Louis turns around and sees one of the most gorgeous boys he had ever laid eyes on. He has brown curly hair, beautiful green eyes and he literally looks like a god.

"Can't get home because of my bike and my phone isn't charged so I can't call my mom to come and pick me up." Louis whines. "And you see those clouds? It's going to rain any minute and my house is ages away."

The boy chuckles when he hears Louis rambling.

"You can jump on the back of my bike if you want? I can drop you off at home?" he suggests.

"You would be a life saver!" Louis gives him a sweet smile. "I'm Louis Tomlinson by the way!" he stretches his arm for the other boy to take it.

"I know, Louis. We have French together, right? I'm Harry by the way, Harry Styles."

"How can I not know that, mister football captain?" Louis smirks.

"Ugh please, I'm so much more than that. I have the best scores in math you know?" Harry brags.

"Alright, math geek. Are you going to bring me home then?"

"Tell me your address."

Louis tells him where he lives, sits on the back of the bike and thanks the boy.

--

"You're a hero!" Louis says when they arrive at his house. "Do you want to come inside until the rain has stopped? I can give you some spare clothes?" he suggests.

"That would actually be nice, if I'm not a bother, at least." Harry gives Louis a cute smile and the boy with the striped shirt and the red pants can't help but blush.

"It's not a problem at all. I'll show you my room and give you some of my clothes. I hope they'll fit you."

"Are you calling me fat, Tomlinson?" Harry smirks. Louis panics and he shakes his head.

"Oh god no, Harry you are not fat! You are just! Your shoulders are... and muscles and tall and..."

Harry giggles and shuts Louis up by poking his side.

"You are cute."

Louis bites his lips and hands over a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt, his heart beating out of his chest.

The rest of the night the boys talk, play some videogames and just laugh. Louis has never felt this good in ages. Harry is sweet, handsome, amazing and funny and he has never clicked with someone so quickly.

"I should go home now, Lou." Harry whispers, his finger tracing over Louis' arm. "But... I think we really should do this again. What about we meet up tomorrow after school at my place?"

"Sounds perfect." Louis' breath is stuck in his throat. Harry Styles, the Harry Styles, wants to hang out with Louis.

And right before Harry stands up to leave, he softly presses his lips to Louis', a billion butterflies erupting in Louis' stomach.

"Been fancying you for a while now, Lou." Harry confesses. "But never got the nerve to talk to you. You are so gorgeous."

"I have a crush on you since I was fourteen." Louis blurts out, jesus he is such an embarassement.

"Can I kiss you again then?" Harry's eyes are piercing right through Louis'. His mouth is dry and Louis can only nod, waiting eagerly for Harry's lips on his.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Lou. This is our secret, yeah? Don't tell anyone."

Don't tell anyone, the words that still hurt Louis till today.