Chapter 13

New part my loves. I was so hung over all day, but the party was deffo worth it.

"What about this place?" Louis shows a picture of a building on his laptop. It's next to the beach and it looks rather old but charming.

"I don't like the colour."  Harry hums as he inspects the picture. Louis sighs and closes his laptop. They have looked at literally every single building on the island for hours yet none of them are good enough for Harry.

"Be honest, Harry. Are you still trying to make me look bad? Because Taylor won't be happy if I have to tell her I still don't have a wedding location for her." Louis is scared to look into Harry's eyes but he does and he wishes he didn't. Hurt is written in them.

"You don't trust me..." Harry whispers. "I mean... I get it Louis. I really get that you don't trust me like you used to. I guess it just hurts. Because I trust you again and..."

"I shouldn't have said it. It was rude, sorry." Louis interrupts the groom to be. He wants to say that of course Harry trusts him because Louis had never done anything in his life to show him different but he doesn't want to fight again with Harry. Even though Harry made his life unbearable after their break-up. It's still Harry and Louis will always have a soft spot for him. First love never really dies, does it?

"Don't apologize. We should talk about this. It's something we didn't do in the past and we should really if we want to stay friends, which I really want to. I understand that you thought that I tried to sabotage you but I promise I didn't. I genuinely didn't like those places. I tried to picture my wedding with Taylor in every single one of them, the image of her in a beautiful white dress and me next to her. None of them felt right..." Harry mumbles. "And it just really scares me."

"Why does it scare you?" Louis' eyes are full of pity for the boy next to him and automatically his hand go to his curls to stroke them. It used to calm Harry down and Louis hopes it still has the same effect.

"I'm scared because..." Harry takes a deep breath and his eyes are watery. It shows that he is about to cry and Louis pulls him closer to him so Harry is almost sitting on his lap. The boy immediately hides his face in the crook of Louis' necks and it's only a soft mumble that Louis hears but he can make out the words perfectly.

"What if it's not the place that's wrong but the person with me in my perfect picture?"

Harry's words take Louis by surprise and he gasps loudly. He carefully grabs Harry's head out of the crook of his neck and he places his finger under Harry's chin.

"Don't be afraid, Haz." Louis speaks softly. "You are having these thoughts because it's a big event. You always freak out before they happen because you overthink too much. That's something you have always done. Do you remember the night before the finals of the championship?"

Harry nods. His eyes are all red and droopy and his face is wet.

"What did you say to me then?" Louis' thumb is stroking Harry's cheek.

"That I would pretend that I broke my foot so I didn't have to play because I was scared that I would be the reason my team would lose." Harry's voice is hoarse and shaky.

"And what did I tell you? Do you remember?" Louis connects his blue eyes with Harry's watery green ones.

"That I am strong and I should go for the things I love, take a risk, even if they scare me."

"You have a good memory, Curly." Louis jokes to keep the air a bit lighter. Harry chuckles and it brings a smile to Louis' face.

"I wish I had listened to your advice back then." Harry's voice is barely audible.

"You did. You played, won the championship and you were so happy."

"That's not what I talk about, Lou." Harry looks into Louis' eyes again. "I wish I had come out when we were together, that I wasn't such a pussy. Maybe things wouldn't have gone the way they went. It's my biggest regret..."

"It's too late now and that's okay. It's in the past and we should forget it, focus on our bond right now, not the one we had 6 years ago. You are together with a beautiful, sweet girl and you are going to marry, that is if you finally like a location I show you." Louis nudges Harry with his elbow and a small smile on his face, even though it isn't close to a real one.

"Yeah..." Harry doesn't sound convinced and it hurts Louis to see him like this. He always used to cheer up Harry, make him smile. He tells the curly boy to forget about the past they shared but honestly Louis still thinks about it every single day, even before he saw Harry again. People might say that it was puppy love, they were only kids, but it was so pure, so magical and Louis is quite convinced that he will never get completely over it.  He sometimes imagined scenarios that Harry would be back in his life and in all of them he begs to get back together.

But that isn't the case. Harry is engaged to a perfect girl.

But as sad as Louis is feeling himself now, he will always think that it's his duty to cheer Harry up, and that's exactly what he is going to do now.

"Let's go, Curly." Louis automatically grabs Harry's hand, not thinking more about it.

"What are we going to do?" Harry gives Louis a confused look.

"Just going to have some fun."

--

When Harry and Louis started to hang out they found out that they both love pranking people. They used to ding dong ditch their neighbours' houses, replace their mothers' coffee with old coke, .... They were horrible teenagers and they loved it.

And Louis thinks that this is something that Harry needs. He needs to enjoy, let loose, forget about his worries and stress, and pull pranks with Louis for old time's sake, and Louis is starting.

"Where are you going?" Harry asks when they are down at reception.

"Just come with me."

Louis walks over to the desk, the same girl that made their room reservation.

"Excuse me?" Louis starts.

"Yes sir, how can I help you?"

"I want to make a complaint. The workers in this hotel don't take my safety seriously." Louis' face is very serious and Harry gives the boy a confused look.

"A complaint? I am so sorry, sir. What happened? What can I do for you?" the lady's eyes are wide. The hotel is amazing, five stars, everything you need. They barely get complaints.

"I went to the bar and I ordered a Sex on the beach." Louis starts his story and the lady frantically types everything into the computer.

"And there wasn't a condom included. Sex on the beach without a condom is not safe! I don't want unsafe sex!" Louis manages to keep his face straight and Harry behind him bursts out laughing.

"What?" the woman behind reception gives them a confused look.

"You heard me. I will put this on Tripadvisor." Louis turns around and walks away from reception. When they are out of sight they burst out laughing.

"You're an idiot, Lou." Harry has tears rolling down his cheeks from laughing.

And that's how Louis likes to see Harry, happy and laughing. That's how he is always supposed to feel. And if they kept pranking people until the sun went down, running away from an angry old man that was chasing them, well that's their business.