Chapter 19

This is the last one though, guys. Enjoy!

Once back in the house Louis immediately excuses himself and walks up to his room. It's the first time since knowing the whole truth that he actually has privacy and he is going to use it. He wants to just cry and call Liam. Because there is still something in Louis that doesn't believe his friend would do something like this. He grabs his phone, pulls it out of the power bank and starts to facetime Liam.

"Louis, hey! How are you feeling? Are you coming back home? I can book you a flight if you want."

"Why did you do it." Louis' tears appear immediately again as he looks straight into Liam's eyes through the camera.

"Why did I do what, Tommo? Just want to book you a flight so you are safe. I don't want you to mess up your mental health by staying with Harry."

"You made that decision once for me, I'm not letting you make it again."

"I don't know what you are talking about? Lou, are you drunk? What's wrong?"

"I don't know, tell me boyfriend. You should know after we apparently dated for quite a while."

And that's when Liam starts to understand what Louis is on about.

"It was to protect you. I know it sounds like a dick move but he was hiding you and not treating you the way you deserved to be treated."

"He was going to come out and you knew it! You fucking knew it! It was the one thing I was wishing for, and you took it away from me by lying! You are the reason I got bullied, beaten up, humiliated. You are the reason I had to move from Holmes Chapel! You are the reason that I lost the only person I ever fell in love with and now it's fucking too late because he is getting married! You ruined everything, Liam! I hate you!" Louis screams and sobs at the same time and he doesn't care when he sees Liam's hurt expression. He can't be as hurt as Louis felt when Harry left him because of Liam.

"He didn't fucking deserve you, Louis! The only things he did was getting you ice cream, hug you, and he took your virginity! He didn't love you the way I did. I would have been so much better to you! Him bullying you wasn't in my plan, okay. It was supposed to be that he would just ignore you, that you wouldn't talk anymore. You would get over him easily and then you would have finally realised that the one for you Louis was in front of you all along. My whole life I put you first and I did everything for you. And just when I was ready to confess my feelings this stupid football captain gets in the picture and steals you away from me in a day! We didn't spend time together anymore, only when Harry had practice. It wasn't just the boy that I love that found someone else, it was my best friend replacing me for someone that was embarrassed to be seen with him. God, Louis if it were me in his shoes I would have shown you off to everybody. I still would and you know it. I forgave you so quickly for leaving me for the exact same reason you forgave Harry the second he apologised."

"Love." Louis mumbles. "You should have told me, Liam. If I knew about your feelings I wouldn't have put it in your face that I was with Harry. I would have considered your feelings. But you were selfish and you hoped that our break up would lead me to you. Joke's on you, isn't it Liam? Because you lost me for good."

"Louis... How can you forgive Harry but not me, your best friend since birth?"

"You know what's the worst part, Liam?" A single tear streams down Louis' face. "I get that you made that mistake when you were sixteen. I would have forgiven you. But you were doing exact the same thing again. You were trying to pull me away from Harry again just because you got jealous. You were trying to pull me away from him by reminding me the mistakes he made that you caused.

And that's exactly why I forgive Harry and not you. Harry learned from his mistakes and he is trying to make up for them. You are just repeating them, Payne."

And before Liam gets the chance to answer, Louis finishes the phone call and he immediately blocks Liam's number. He is done with him. He doesn't need this toxicity in his life.

"Lou, are you okay?" Harry is standing in his door frame and he has a worried look on his face. "I mean, I didn't want to eavesdrop but I could hear you screaming and crying from downstairs and..."

Louis just shakes his head as tears stream down his face. He is really not okay. He feels betrayed, so betrayed by a person he trusted with his life.

"Can you hug me, please?" he sobs, looking down at the floor. Within seconds Harry is next to Louis and he pulls the smaller boy in his arms, shushing him and trying to let him fall asleep, giving a boy an escape from all the pain he is going through.

And it's around two hours later when Louis wakes up. Harry is lying next to him and he is playing some game on his phone. A smile appears on his face when he looks into a pair of blue eyes.

"Hi there, you slept okay?" he asks, his hand stroking Louis' hair immediately.

"I really needed it. I was exhausted, still am to be honest."

"I'm so sorry to tell you but we have a flight in four hours." Harry sighs.

"A flight? Where to?"

"I just got off the phone with Taylor. I told her the wedding location we had in mind got destroyed by the storm and it was the only decent one in Hawaii."

"But we didn't have a location yet, Haz?" Louis gives him a puzzled look.

"I know, Taylor doesn't. I just really don't want to get married here. It doesn't feel like home. I really want to marry in England and Taylor sent us flight tickets so we can stay in LA with her to discuss some things now that Hawaii isn't an option anymore. I'm relieved it isn't, I'm just scared that she will pick LA now."

"Does the location really matter if you are with the person you love? I mean, I would have married you in a dump six years ago, Haz."

Harry doesn't say a word. He just cuddles into Louis and puts his head on Louis' chest.

"I'm just not sure anymore if Taylor's the one." Harry whispers so softly that it's barely audible, but Louis catches it anyway.

"What? Why are you saying that, Hazza. You are very much in love with her. Otherwise you wouldn't have proposed." Louis' hand goes through Harry's curls, knowing it relaxes the boy.

"We don't think the same. There are some important topics where we don't agree on and it bothers me." Harry confesses.

"Like what?"

"Kids."

Louis just nods, signing for Harry to keep talking. He can see that the boy needs to talk about this.

"I want to get kids almost immediately when we get married, or at least I want to start trying." Harry admits. "But she doesn't want to, gets angry every single time I bring it up. She says that it would be the end of her career and that she will think about kids once she is around thirty. That's still quite a while, Lou. I just... I always dreamt of being a young father. Do you remember? We even discussed it..."

Louis nods and gives Harry a sad look.

"Yeah, said you wanted to have two - three kids before you're 25."

"And you said that it sounded like a perfect fairy tale to be married and have kids on that age. I still want it so much but I know Taylor doesn't and I would never force her into it, you know. It's her body and if she doesn't want to then I'll accept it. It's just that..."

Harry gets interrupted by his phone. He apologises and picks up, leaving Louis' bed. Louis sighs and just walks over to his closet. Apparently he is leaving Hawaii so he is making his suitcase, again.