Chapter 22

Last one of the day babies

Harry and Louis are in some fancy hotel in LA. Harry gives the man from reception his credit card and he checks them in for the night. He is still carrying the boy, even though Louis insisted that he was born with legs and feet for a reason.

"I'm sorry that I'm pulling you into my trouble. I should have listened to you, Haz." Louis apologises when they are back in the room. "Now you can't spend the night with Taylor and..."

"Not spending the night with Taylor is my own choice, Louis." Harry whispers, putting a stray of hear behind Louis' ear. "And don't apologise for this. It's not your fault. You showed your boundaries, it was Jordy that crossed them. Everything in front of me was black, Louis. I could have killed him for hurting you." Harry frowns but still looks into Louis' eyes. He looks raw, full of emotions and it makes Louis' heart beat faster.

"I'm okay, Haz. He hasn't touched me in the end thanks to you. You were there on time, my hero." Louis puts his arms around Harry and hugs him tightly. "I don't know what I would have done without you, but I'm not going to think about it because you were."

"You should go take place on the bed, Lou and get some rest. I'm going to ask an extra pillow and blanket so I can sleep on the floor."

"There is no way I'm letting you sleep on the floor." Louis shakes his head. "You literally saved me, Harry. I'm going to take a shower now because I feel a bit dirty but when I'm back I expect you to be in bed, not on the floor. I can take the floor, no problem."

"That is a problem, Tomlinson. I'm not letting you sleep on the floor. You need to rest properly after the events of tonight."

"We could share?" Louis gives Harry a hesitating look. "I mean... We can make a line with pillows to make sure we don't get too close? The bed is huge and..."

"Won't it make you feel uncomfortable, Lou?" Harry asks, giving the boy a worried look. "I'm not going to push your boundaries, that happened enough tonight."

"I know you would never hurt me like that." Louis shakes his head. "You've always taken care of me. I trust you. I just don't want to break any of your boundaries, you know with Taylor and stuff..."

"Don't mention her name." Harry pinches his nose as he says the words. "She's driving me crazy."

"Want to talk about it, Hazza?" Louis puts his hand on Harry's shoulder for comfort.

"Maybe when you are out of the shower. Look, you are shirtless now but if you want I can give you my sweater, I have t-shirt under it. Or if you are too hot and want the t-shirt, it's up to you Louis."

"The sweater is okay, I'm always cold at night." Louis blushes as he accepts the piece of clothing. "Thanks, Hazza, again."

"You're welcome, now go shower Lou. I'll make you some tea for when you are back."

Louis hesitates a bit but then walks up to Harry and kisses his cheek, mumbling a small thank you before disappearing into the bathroom.

--

"Thank you again for what you did tonight, Haz. You didn't have to save me. You warned me before and you still had my back. I was a stubborn twat." Louis sighs as the two of them are lying in bed, no pillows making any boundary.

"Nobody hurts you under my watch, Louis. I don't know if you have noticed but I'm a bit protective over you." Harry mumbles, cheeks getting red.

"Yeah, but your jealousy saved me." A small smirk is playing on Louis' lips as Harry's jaw drops.

"My what?" Harry shrieks.

"I don't know, tell me mister 'oops I'm sorry'." Louis mimics Harry from earlier in the club.

"That was an accident!" Harry puts his hand on his hard and lets out a fake gasp.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, Hazza." Louis snorts.

"You're an idiot." Harry mumbles but he can't fight a small smile.

"Mm..." and Louis automatically rolls over to Harry and puts his head on Harry's chest. Because Harry means safety and Louis wants to feel safe.

"When we were dating... Was I good enough as a boyfriend?" Harry asks after a few minutes of silence. Louis, who was almost a sleep, immediately opens his eyes and looks up to Harry.

"Yeah, you were everything I wanted and so much more. You were the best boyfriend I could wish for." Louis confesses, his heart trying to escape his chest.

"Taylor and I are not doing okay." Harry sighs. "We aren't doing okay for a while now."

Louis doesn't say a word. He knows that Harry is looking for words himself. To show that he is listening he puts his hand on Harry's chest.

"First we had small fights, they were pretty meaningless but the more we started talking about our future, the worse they got. The children issue, I would like to stay in England while she refuses to leave the States, and just a billion things we don't agree on. And stupid me thought that all the issues would just disappear if I proposed..." Harry whispers. "I thought that maybe marriage would fix it all. But now we are even arguing more about that wedding. It's like there isn't anything we agree on and it sucks, Lou because..." a tear is sliding down Harry's cheek.

"Because what, babe?" Louis' thumb is removing the tears on the beautiful boy's face.

"Because she was actually someone I used to feel comfortable with. We used to laugh and joke, hang around with each other's friends and now it's just some kind of competition between America and England. I want to stay at home and she does too. And the day before Taylor said that she was going to call a wedding planner we had such a huge fight." Harry sobs.

"I begged her to come to England for the wedding, she said she wanted to have it in Hawaii where her second home is and that we could just fly everybody out. My sister isn't allowed to fly, Louis. She's pregnant. And I really don't want to get married without my sister. She just hung up the phone.

I remember I went to bed and I talked to I don't know who, a kind of God or something, begging to give me a sign if this wedding was a good idea or not. And the next day Taylor calls me, telling me that she found a wedding planner in London and that she was going to come over a few days later. I was over the moon, Louis. I thought that was my sign that yes, yes I'm going to marry that girl because for once she is happy to come to England but then..." Harry's breath gets stuck in his throat as he sobs loudly.

"Then you were standing in front of my door, Louis Tomlinson. I got to see those eyes I fell in love with six years ago, those eyes I was never able to forget about and never got over. And that was my fucking sign, Louis. That was the universe telling me 'guess who you love even more, Harry? Remember him? The boy that stole your heart and never gave it back?'. And even though I fought it so hard, desperately wanting to work out things with Tay, I knew the second I saw you that I was fucked and this wedding is cursed." Harry's hand is now on Louis' cheek and he looks straight into those beautiful eyes he just talked about.

"Because I never stopped loving you, Louis Tomlinson and my heart is beating in a way right now that I have never felt before."