Back Home

The Secret Avengers brought Natasha to the SHIELD med bay. Everyone from there was so  shocked that they just looked at Steve how he put her body on the bed. After some minutes, Maria was the first who  formed a coherent question.
"She is alive? And what is she wearing?"
"Long story . Capitan wasn't crazy after all and he really saw Natasha."Clint said.
"Is she ok?Why is Nat unconscious? "
"That's the sad part." Clint said and liften Natasha's arm, so Maria could  see the octopus symbol.
"Is that..... Hydra? I thought Capitan eliminated it."
"So did I.I'm glad at least I was right that Nat is alive. "
"But, Mr. Rogers if the Black Widow works for the bad guys,is she a bad guy? Would we put her in prison?"
"Kid, please! You can call by our names! You are not at school! Do you even swear?" Clint asked.
"No."
"Stay with me kid, and you will learn how to." Clint said. "But Peter has a point. We lock her?"
"Fury?" Maria looked at the director.
"I know we all care about Natasha, but we have to decide with the brain, not the heart. We have to find out what happened with her and why she is working for Hydra. The medical team will  see if Natasha has something broken and if mind controlling or brainwashing are involved. "
" And if Nat is not brainwashed or mind controlled? ".
" Then... she stays locked and interrogated. Then.... declared alive........ and a traitor. "The team saw how hard was for Fury to say the words. For all of them was just to think at that posibility. Steve really hoped Nat was brainwashed.
The doctors run the tests. Natasha was very healthy, except for the fact her temperature was with one Celsius degree higher, but that was nothing to worry about. They found  marks of brainwashing on the back of her head, but when the doctors scaned her brain, they saw it wasn't affected. The chip was undamaged, but inactive since the Red Guardian died . The Avengers didn't took the news to well because their biggest fear became true,Natasha was workings for Hydra by her will. So Fury  made what he had to do. He ordered that agent Romanoff to be moved in the interrogation room. It was a hard imagine for the Avengers to see their ex-teammate being chained by the table while she was still unconscious.
After  half a hour, Natasha woke up. She wasn't surprised to see she was in the interrogation room. But Steve was surprised to see Natasha's face softening. She looked so different from the Natasha who attacked him and protected Alexei. She looked like Natasha, the Avenger.
"Look, Fury, you have to believe me. I will never betray you. "
"Then why the new uniform?"
Natasha lokked at her suit"It's not what it looks like. "
" Then what is it, Romanova? "
Nathasa's face couldn't hide the hurt, even if she was a spy. Fury used her Russian family name. He only did that when Clint brought her at SHIELD and he didn't trusted her.
" Nick, "Natasha used his name" I don't work for Hydra. It was just the perfect opportunity to infiltrate inside. They found me after the Red Room explosion and tried to brainwash me. I don't know why, but it didn't work. Maybe my brain what to messed up to be more messed up. So i acted like  it worked. They ared so dumb, but powerful. They have some nice toys. "
" The chip protected you from the brainwash? "
Natasha narrowed her eyes" What chip? "
" Short story:your dad put a chip who controlled you. "
" Charming. And it's the Red Guardian, not my dad. "
" Is she telling the truth? "Fury shouted.
Clint and Steve entered.
" The device didn't beeped, so she's telling the truth. I'm so glad you are back, Tasha! "
" Me too, Clint, but your attack complicated the things for me. "
" I thought you were dead and all you care is the mission!"Steve said.
"Dead?"
"We  thought you died after the explosion. We had a funeral. " Clint explained.
"Without a body?"
"Dont be sarcastic!"
"Steve, calm down! I didn't had any comms. I'm sorry i  couldn't tell you i was alive, without blowing my cover."
"What can you tell us about Hydra." Fury changed the subject.
"Not much. Today was my mission  who would prove I am ready to be part of Hydra and know inside things. It took a while until I gained their trust. They sent me with Alexei on minor missions to steal things. But I am not on the level to know fir what they are for."
" Who is Alexei? "Fury asked.
" Hydra has 4 categories of members :scientists, robo-soldiers, leaders of divisions and the Boss. The scientists make the weapons and the robo-soldiers, with the robo-soldiers the Avengers fought and the leaders of division control the robots. Every leader has a division with 20 soldiers. I am a division leader of low level, how i call it. The other leaders are Alexei, the Winter Soldier, Wanda and Pietro. Wanda nad Pietro are twin brothers  and they are high level leaders because they are the only one who know who the Boss is. Nobody know who or how he or she looks. Also, the twins are the Boss favorites.... and they hate me. And now that i failed the mission....things will get really bad for me. Until Alexei didn't blamed himself  for that and i hope he didn't. "
" You care about him, don't you ? You took an arrow for him. "
" Yeah, he was the only one who was nicer with me when i first got there. Alexei protected me from the Maximoff twins. "
" So they are Wanda nad Pietro Maximoff? "Steve said.
" Yeah. "
" Real names? "Fury asked.
" Yes. Their code names are Qicksilver and Scarlet Witch. The"witch" is perfect for Wanda. "
" And Alexei's? "the director asked.
" The Orphan. He grew up in Hydra. He is their oldest member. Then it's the Winter Soldier, next are Wanda and Pietro  and then me. "
" Who is the Winter Soldier?"Steve asked.
" I don't know his name, but he looks familiar. He is Alexei's best friend. He does not talk to much, but is an excellent assasin and dancer. "
Everyone looked weird at her.
" Elaborate the last statement, agent. "Fury said.
" This is why my mission is a little more complicated. I want to take Alexei and the Winter Soldier out of Hydra. They are nice people. At least, I want to save Alexei. About the dancing part..... "Natasha tried not to blush" Wanda yelled at us at the training session , so we put some robots to take some bottles when everyone was asleep..... we had a "Bro Night" how Alexei calls it....we weren't too drunk, but drunk enough to make a  dancing contest . I won. "
" And we were crying that you are dead. "Clint smiled.
" Hey, I supported Wanda daily. I deserved some happy moments. Without them, i could go insane. "
" That bad? "Hawkeyes asked .
" And with her brother, it was horrible. Because they are the Boss favourites, they are practically our bosses. "
" Why does Wanda hate you? " Steve asked.
" No idea. First time when she saw me, she almost chocked me, but the soldiers stopped her. She said something about  that i destroyed Sakovia, but i didn't understand what she meant ? "
Steve, Clint and Fury looked at each other.
" What? "
"Remember  when  you woke up in the Red Room with me. Before that.... you were mind controlled by the Red Guardian and attacked Sakovia with Tony's rackets."
"What!"
"It's okay, Tasha. Think positively, you are no longer a international criminal."
"That's why she hates me!.... I still don't like her."
"Good thing that you are now coming home."
"Clint, i can't do that yet. I have to find what Hydra is planning. Plus, I can't leave Alexei there with Wanda and the other bad guys. And maybe I convince Winter Soldier to be on our side."
"You are not coming!?"said Steve.
" Ok, I will go home for 1 night, until I figure out a lie for Hydra to belive that I am not a traitor, I don't care about the Avengers and i have  to show it by doing something big, like stealing some plans or something . "
" Tony would be surprised to see you! "Clint unchained her and hugged Natasha.
"Good to see you too!"
"I can't wait to tell Laura and the children that you are alive!"
"What if—no."
"What, Nat? You just disapproved yourself."
"I wanted to say I could visit them, but....just 1 night at the Avenger Tower "
"Dont forget about Anya and her mother. They both were at the funeral."
"Good thing i don't have many people to apologize for dying."
"That. That sentence say a lot about our crazy life." Clint laughed.
Capitan stood behind them upset. "You are ok, Capitan?" Fury asked.
"I'm fine." he lied.
"Let's hope you are never interrogated by the enemy. You are a horrible lier."