Deep Into Madness

Anakin and the group had finished collecting documents and data storing both in a satchel they found. They were about to continue further onward, but were stopped when a static sound caught their attention. On the wall a screen had lit up with Dr. Merlots glaring face staring at them.

"Your not supposed to be here." He says.

"Thanks captain obvious." Anakin retorts. "So Doctor are you going to make this easy or are you gonna be a problem?"

Merlot rolls his eyes in annoyance at Anakin's words. "I apologize for the rude welcome, but I do not necessarily like guests. If you would so kindly leave or die I would greatly appreciate it. Your interfering with my research."

"Yeeeeeaaaahhhh." Anakin says slowly with a thoughtful expression. "I'll take it under advisement."

Merlot scoffs. "You really are quite bothersome." He says. "Vary well. Droid? Be a dear and kill them please." A door opens in the room revealing a modified Atlesian Knight to the group, but Anakin noticed something. The droid was sleeker but taller. The only thing that made its appearance remain as that of an Atlesian Knight were the head and torso, but the arms and legs were near identical to that of the late General Grievous. It was black with glowing green Dust flowing through it.

It was vary apparent to Anakin that this thing was designed by someone from his galaxy. "Nice toy." Anakin says. "But I doubt it's anything like the real deal." Pyrrha steps forward but Anakin stops her. "I'll deal with it." Pyrrha was going to argue but stopped noticing Anakins eyes glowing a sickening Sithly gold, and a black smoke hugging his body like a cloak.

Anakin approaches the Grievous knock off igniting his saber. The droid grabs four Silver cylinders off its waist. Then all four cylinders extended into four silver swords. Anakin stops in his tracks, And Pyrrha could see the smoke on him dissipate. Anakin then started laughing.

"Oh you have got to be joking!" Anakin says mockingly. "And here I thought it would be dangerous." Anakin rushes in slicing at the droid ready to tear it apart in one go, then his saber made contact with two of the swords and where he thought the saber would Cut through it merely clashed with the blades. "What?!" The droid then jabs Anakin in the ribs with its other two swords sending Anakin flying. Pyrrha then steps forward using her semblance to crush the metal droid into a ball while Crimson and Jaune help Anakin back up.

"You alright?" Crimson asks.

"I'll be fine Crimson." Anakin grones. "Just surprised me is all." Anakin takes a deep breath. 'Something is vary wrong with me. No something has been wrong since I got here. My senses have been failing me, and my reaction time I've noticed is slower. I'll talk with Ozpin after the mission. Maybe he'll know something.'

"Anakin?" Jaune asks taking the man away from his thoughts.

"We need to hurry up and find Dr. Merlot." Anakin says. With a frown he kneels down and focus's everything he has into sensing Merlot in the facility. His frown turns to a scowl as it hadn't done anything for him other than to inform him there was a massive something moving under the facility.

"I believe I've found something." Anakin could hear Ren's words and walked over to the man. He was kneeling over something, and gesturing to the ground. Anakin's gaze found what Ren had discovered. Cuts into the floor. Like something metal had been dragged across it. Following it the trail lead out the door.

"What's the plan?" Jaune asks.

"We'll follow this trail and see where it leads." Anakin says. "If it's a wild bantha chase then we'll figure something out then, but..." He looks around for a moment. "We've got no other leads." Anakin then looks over to Nora who he had notice had been silent the entire mission so far. She seemed to be frowning, but he wasn't sure why. He decided he'd ask later.

With that Anakin and the group raced down the hall following the scrapes to a dead end in the hall. Anakin sighs but stops himself from giving up on the lead when he notices something.

"Dead end." Jaune says. "Just great."

"Don't say that yet Jaune." Anakin mutters as he kneels down to the scraping on the floor. It seemed to keep going not stopping at the wall. Anakin placed his hand on the wall feeling with the force. It was a room on the other side. A massive room. Anakin ignites his saber and stabs in a wall before slowly cutting open a hole big enough for the group to walk through. When they entered they saw a massive room filled with computer screens, tubes hanging from the ceiling, and plenty of Oxygen tanks. In the center of the room was a pod of some kind with the tubes from the ceiling connected to along with wiring other devices including a heart monitor.

"You weren't supposed to find this place." Merlots voice had come from behind them. Anakin and the others turn quickly to see Merlot standing there with a disappointed expression. "I suppose it can't be helped."

"It's over Merlot." Anakin says. He goes to grabs Merlot's arm only for his hand to phase through.

Merlot laughs at Anakin's misfortune. "What you thought it would be that easy?" He mocks. "You young people these days all action no thought anymore."

Anakin looked up to see a faint glow from what looked like a camera. "A hologram." Anakin states.

"Correct." Merlot says in a pleased tone. "Maybe there's hope for you youngsters yet."

Anakin clenched his fist looking back at the team he brought with him only to notice Nora was missing.

"Ooo. What's in this thing." Nora's voice brought Anakin's attention to her. She was standing in front of the pod poking the glass on the front of it.

"Get away from that!" Merlot yells at the girl. He then notices his mistake as Anakin looks over with a smirk.

Anakin walks over to the pod with the others in tow. "So this thing must be important to you." Anakin says with a chuckle. "Nora?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you get this thing open?" Anakin asks.

Nora then sports a massive grin as she grabs the side of the pod and begins prying it open. It takes her some effort, but she managed to pry it open as a massive gust of steam comes out with the smell of pure Oxygen washing over them. Inside was the frail near dead body of Dr. Merlot. His skin was extraordinarily pale and his body was almost nothing but bone with skin around it. The sight actually reminded Anakin of himself during his time as Darth Vader. He shook his thoughts of that away.

"It's over Merlot." Anakin says to the frail old man in the tube. "You've failed."

"Not... Yet..." Merlots raspy true voice says with a devious grin. Before Anakin could react the ground beneath the group opened as they all fell into the abyss below only hearing A hologram Merlots voice.

"Awaken My brood!" He says. "Time to rise!"