Returning Home

The group didn't say anything as they walked through the halls of Merlots lab. Crimson was in the lead while everyone watched him from behind. Anakin was starting to fear for his friend's mental state. Crimson had killed Merlot quickly and without hesitation. That wasn't even mentioning the other things on Anakin's mind about his teammate. Crimson had lashed out at him. Calling him Jedi rather than Anakin. Something was going on and it gave Anakin a bad feeling.

Once they finally made it to the door leading outside Jaune hit the button opening it. Once open Anakin grimaced seeing the reddened sky's of the sun setting. They had taken way too long on this mission. At least that was Anakin's opinion. The group then made their way to the beach where they saw what remains of a full on battlefield. Robot parts and Dust scattered the field. There were bullet holes and slash marks in the sand and the destroyed machines. Anakin walked faster and breathed a sigh of relief seeing the distraction team alive. Blake looked up seeing Anakin and sighed in relief.

Anakin ran over and she ran to him as well. Crashing into one another with a hug the two held each other closely. "We were beginning to think the worst had happened." Blake says breaking off from the hug.

Anakin smirks. "Come on. It's me." He says confidently.

"All the more reason to worry. Especially if the stories Ahsoka has told me were true." Blake says narrowing her eyes. Anakin could only grimace. "Anyways did you find Merlot?"

Anakin looked to Crimson and his spear which still dripped blood. "You could say that." He says. "Crimson killed him."

Blake was taken aback by that quickly looking over to the Faunus man. "Oh."

"How are the others?" Anakin asks.

"Only Ruby and me have Aura left." Blake answers grimacing. "Weiss got a pretty bad gash on her back but Lilly got the bleeding to stop. Yangs got some scrapes but she'll be fine. Rex though, he fell unconscious after losing so many Aura Clones."

"And how long has Weiss been like that?" Anakin asks worriedly.

"Not long." Blake says. "We didn't realize there was a Beowolf still alive and Weiss got hurt because of it."

Anakin nods. "Well the jobs done. We need to get everyone into the bullheads."

"Bullhead." Blake corrects. "The other one is inoperable."

Anakin grimaced. "This is going to suck." He says.

__________________________

In Beacon Academy The Admiral and General Ironwood wait in the elevator. A moment later and the doors open up to Ozpin's office. In the room stood the Headmaster himself Ozpin. Next to him were Glynda Goodwitch and much to Ironwood's surprise Qrow Branwen.

Qrow was sitting in one of the two  chairs by Ozpin's desk with his usual grey dress shirt and black slacks. His red cape looked more torn than usual and he was drinking from his flask. What caught the General's attention the most was that Qrow was missing half of his middle and pointer fingers. Each one scarred as if they had been burned off. Qrow glances to the two Atlesians with a mild glare.

"Hello Jimmy." Qrow greets. "You look well." He then turns to the Admiral. "And who is this guy?"

The Faunus Admiral walks over to Qrow offering a hand. Qrow shakes it. "I am Admiral Thrawn of The Atlesian Fleet."

Qrow raised a brow. "Qrow. Huntsman from Beacon Academy." He says.

The Admiral, Thrawn Chuckles. "So you are. I've heard a great deal about you Qrow. It will be a pleasure to work with you." Thrawn says. "