Corruption

Crimson Vrudus could sense the power from the monsters that were his former classmates. It was in pursuit of said power that he stood upon a table. He laughs at the monsters in the room. "Come on then!" He shouted. His wrists were cut and he offered them to the monsters that had wished to swarm him. "Come on and take me!" He had shouted before his voice had become a scream.

That had been his past. Crimson knew it was, and now he was slowly remembering who he was. He was not some man born from Remnant. He was from somewhere else. Standing beside him upon a rooftop in Vale was Penny. She held a grin upon her face. She would always be happy to stand by Crimson's side. She flicked her red eyes to her boyfriend tilting her head. Crimson found that he liked the new color for the android girls eyes. They would inspire fear, and respect from those lesser than them.

"Should we begin?" She asks. Crimson gives a small cruel smile as he gently places his hand upon her cheek lovingly.

"Soon." He says. "We mustn't let them starve of course, but the Jedi will be a nuisance should we continue while he is still here." Crimson explains. "Skywalker leaves tomorrow morning. Then we will be free to do as we please."

Penny smiles as she lays her head on Crimson's shoulder. "This world won't be prepared." She says in a soft tone. Crimson holds her close grinning. They certainly wouldn't be. In that moment Penny's expression turns to fear for a brief moment as her eyes flicker between green and red, only for the red to win. She grins again.

____________________________

Anakin and Blake double check their bags one last time before turning to see their friends. Ruby and Yang were packed as well, but were going to be taking a different transport. Theirs going to Patch Island while Blake and Anakin's would simply go to Vale. From there, Anakin and Blake would take a boat to Menagerie. Among the group seeing them off Anakin saw Rex and Lilly, Weiss, Team JNPR, Ahsoka, and Crimson. Anakin saw Ahsoka give a confused look to Crimson before shaking her head and turning back to look at Anakin.

"Be safe you two." Ahsoka says.

Anakin smirks in that way he always did. "It'll be alright Snips. It's just a Vacation." He says.

"And meeting my parents." Blake mutters in annoyance.

Anakin chuckles. "Yeah, that too."

Rex shrugs. "Could be worse." He says.

Blake raises an eyebrow. "And you know this How?"

Rex goes to say something before frowning. Anakin rolls his eyes. "I'm sure it won't be that bad." Anakin says.

Blake sighs. "Maybe."

Ruby and Yang give Blake a hug and Blake smiles lightly. When they part Weiss hugs her as well. "Be safe, both of you." Weiss says. Blake nods.

"We will."

Anakin and Ahsoka smile at the show of affection before giving each other a hug as well. "See you soon snips." Anakin says.

"Yeah, yeah, just come back in one piece Skyguy." Ahsoka says chuckling.

When they part Anakin and Blake enter the transport while everyone waves them goodbye. They stand at the window for a while watching their friends get farther away for a bit before going off to take a seat.

______________________________

Admiral Thrawn paces back and forth on the deck of his ship with a scowl on his face as he ponders. Something wasn't adding up. He knew he was close to an answer, or at least a clue that would lead him to an answer. Corpse's didn't just get up and walk away from a crime scene after all. No. Someone had to be collecting them. But if that was the case, then where were the bodies being left?

The door opens and Ironwood along with Ozpin enter the deck. Thrawn takes a breath to calm himself before nodding to the two. "General, Headmaster." He greets.

"Any news?" Ironwood asks.

"Unfortunately not." Thrawn says disappointedly. "We've only gained more questions than answers."

"More killings?" Ozpin guesses.

Thrawn shakes his head. "No, quite the opposite actually." Thrawn says. "There hasn't been any crime for nearly a week now."

"Any?" Ironwood questions frowning. "Not even a theft or mugging?"

"None." Thrawn says. "Crime has stopped completely across Vale in its entirety." Thrawn thinks for a moment before looking to Ironwood. "I'd like to speak with Penny Polendina."

________________________

Anakin and Blake enter their cabin room on the boat together and set their suitcases down on the bed. Anakin puts his duffel bag on the floor at the edge of the bed and stretches. Blake looks to him seeing his robotic hands flexing its fingers as he stretches. He sighs contentedly before siting on the bed.

"Well, at least we'll be comfortable on the trip." Anakin says.

Blake couldn't suppress a giggle to that. "Probably." She agrees. She then frowns at him. "Are you sure you're okay doing this?" She asks. "I mean you might not be as welcomed on Menagerie."

Anakin waves her off. "I couldn't care less about people giving me odd looks." He says. "As long as no one starts anything, there shouldn't be a problem."

Blake raises an eyebrow. "And if someone does start something?"

Anakin smirks. "Then I'll handle it diplomatically." He says.

"Diplomatically." Blake repeats with a deadpan expression.

Anakin raises an eyebrow smirking. "You think I can't be diplomatic?"

"If you call Aggressive Negotiations diplomatic than sure." Blake jokes.

Anakin smiles. "See? Perfectly diplomatic." Anakin says.

Blake sighs facepalming. "I'm regretting this already."