Red Harvest

Penny had never felt tired before in her artificial life. But right now with her eyes closed, she felt exhausted. She wasn't sure if that was the proper word, or if what she was feeling was the same, but that's the word she would use to describe herself. Opening her eyes she saw a sky of green light moving along in patterns like a circuit board. With a light groan she sat up and examined herself. Her pale freckled artificial skin was visible undamaged but seemed semi translucent as lines of green light traveled up her legs and arms. Closing her eye she thought about her outfit and felt it appear on herself. With that she opened her eyes again to get a better look at her surroundings. It was a long void with a green sky. It was clear to Penny that she was in her own coding. Her mind.

"It's a lot clearer than I thought it would be." Penny's words weren't directed to anyone other than herself, but something responded anyways.

"That's because this isn't just any section of code."

Penny was startled to hear her own voice responding to her. Penny whirls around to see another her, yet not. The other Penny had exceedingly pale skin and gaunt features with bright glowing red eyes. It's smile was wide and unnerving.

"Who are you?" Penny asked.

"I am your replacement." It said in response.

Penny frowns. "Replacement?"

"Our true love has gifted us such a wonderful task. He made us better! I took the time to make sure your prison wasn't too bad. You can make whatever you like! Feel whatever you want!" The replica explains with a cheerful tone, as if this were the best news ever.

"But this is my body! Not yours! Get out of my code!" Penny rushes the replica and the replica sinks into the floor, phasing through it like it was never there.

"Bye bye! Have fun!"

Penny's green eyes widened with terror and she looked around. She couldn't see the replica. She couldn't see a way out. Her eyes felt wet for the first time. She had never been able to experience human tears before, but this place was simulating them. Simulating everything that Penny had never experienced before. Penny fell to her knees and started to cry, feeling helpless.

"Someone.... Save me." Penny hid her face with her hands as she sat there in fear, anger, and confusion.

_________________________________

With good food before Rex and Lilly the two laughed as they talked and ate. Rex was eating a salad with some dressing, and Lilly had gotten the Chicken and Shrimp Alfredo the restaurant served. There were more fancy meals on the menu, but neither of them was sure about experimenting with food they didn't know for the night.

After a while though Lilly's expression dropped as she felt something in the back of her mind. It was like an itch that she couldn't scratch. It felt dark and close to her, but it was so unfamiliar that she couldn't figure out what this feeling was supposed to be. Suddenly however she heard something.

"Jedi." The voice was soft, and hard to hear, but she had caught it. Then more voices spoke.

"It's a Jedi!"

"Yes."

"Save them for the master."

"We will be satisfied."

"Jedi."

"We Hunger."

"Are you alright?" Lilly jumped to Rex's voice. Looking to him she saw that he was watching her with concern. "Lilly?"