Strange Mates - Chapter 2

A/N: Thanks so much to those that have read this far means alot :D It would be nice if people could comment, tell me what they like, what they'd like to see that sort of thing, but hey upto you guys!!

Anyways heres the next bit as promised :D hope you enjoy!!! Dannii!!

Chapter 2

Harley’s P.O.V

‘What the hell was that!’ I thought as I followed after Kalix. My hand was tingling from the shocks that had shot threw them when I had touched Zylen. ‘mmm Zylen’ I thought dreamily. ‘No, stop it this is not me! He is just another boy!’ I told myself sharply. I looked up to see Kalix waving a hand in front of my face. “Oh, Erm…sorry Kalix, totally not with it then. What was you saying?” I smiled slightly, guilt taking over for not paying attention to her. “It’s alright Harley. I was just saying that this is your lesson, I have Geography so…meet you in the dining hall at lunch?” she asked hopefully. “Sure” I smiled at her. Kalix smiled and hugged me. I hugged her back a little shell shocked at her behaviour. I decided I liked Kalix, even though her behaviour seemed a little strange to me, she was honest and kind. I mean she didn’t have to help me, but she did. I watched as Kalix danced away, before turning and heading into my next class. 

“God I hate Algebra!” I grumbled to Kalix when I joined her at the dinner table. She just smiled. “Doesn’t everyone” she laughed. “Yes I guess they do” I laughed. I was amazed at how relaxed I was around Kalix, she just made it so easy to talk to. I smiled at her, I felt so lucky to have gained a friend like her. “God Harley, stop staring, I mean I know I’m irresistible but come on!” She laughed and I felt my cheeks heat up. “Oh yeah you totally are” I laughed. Kalix just scowled at my response then we both burst into fits of laughter. “So…Erm how do you know Zylen?” I asked her, nervously chewing on my bottom lip. I was ashamed at myself for being so interested in him, but no matter how much I scolded myself, he still seemed to dominate my thoughts. ‘Damn him!’ I internally cursed. “Ah he’s like my brother…well sort of” she laughed. I just looked at her confused. ‘How can someone be like your brother but not be’ I wondered. “it’s a complicated relationship, but he’s not a bad guy” she continued. “Oh” was my only response. ‘That was lame’ I cursed to myself. I could feel Kalix watching me, I looked up slowly and started into her hazel eyes, my cheeks going red. “Aww, as our little Harley got a crush on Zylen” she teased. “No!” I said too defensively. “It’s fine Harley. We will just have to get a divorce won’t we. I thought you loved me!” she pouted sulkily. I couldn’t help but laugh. “Wait! When did we get married!” I said shocked. “Erm…this morning…Duh!” she said as if it was a given, then grinned at me. I just shook my head in disbelief. “Zylen! Tell her, she wants a divorce already” I heard Kalix whine. I dropped my head, somehow knowing he was close by and began fiddling with the apple in my hands. “Oh, well that’s not very nice Harley” I heard him say but I could tell he wasn’t being serious. Man his voice was like butter over my skin, I shivered. ‘Pull yourself together Harley!’ I scolded myself. “Yeah, I have been nothing but the doting wife too” I heard Kalix say. “Oh Harley. What’s so wrong with your wife Kalix that you need a divorce?” he teased. I went red. “Nothing! I wasn’t even aware we were married!” I said desperately, shooting a glare at Kalix who just giggled at me. I was suddenly aware that Zylen was staring at me, so I looked up and caught his eyes. They were so mesmerizing I just didn’t want to look away. Going red I quickly dropped my gaze. ‘Seriously Harley, get yourself together girl! He’s just a guy! I mean he’s probably just like your dad! A liar and a cheat!’ At this thought I tensed, anger bubbling. I jumped up quickly and fled for the bathroom before the anger turned to tears, as it usually does when I think of my father.