Strange Mates - Chapter 6

A/N: Here is the next bit....Hope you enjoy...hope you guys don't hate me too much for the previous chapter :P I have my reasons....I haven't finished being mean yet mwhahahah :P Anyways enjoy...Dannii x

Chapter 6

Zylen’s P.O.V

I watched as Harley lay sleeping on my bed, she looked peaceful and I tried to commit this image to memory. She hated me. ‘Its your own fault’ my wolf whispered. Actually my wolf was right, it had been my fault Harley’s mother had died, I’d promised to keep her safe when Harley had come to move in with me, but I hadn’t been effective enough with it, too busy wanting to be with my mate to hold up my responsibilities as alpha. I was going to pay for that. My chest constricted at the thought of Harley leaving me. ‘You will not lose our mate over this!’ my wolf growled. I sighed, I couldn’t completely stop her going if she wanted to, no matter how much it would kill me to. ‘Yes you can, your alpha she has to obey you’ he sneered. I growled for him to shut it. Before glancing over at Harley’s sleeping form once more. She wasn’t going to forgive me for this, and the thoughts of her hating me and rejecting our mating hurt. I dropped my head into my hands in shame. 

I looked up just as Harley awoke, I watched as she stirred and stretched before looking around swiftly trying to get a visual on her surroundings. I so wanted to go over and soothe her as I watched her panic, but I daren’t because I wasn’t ready for her rejection just yet. ‘Coward’ my wolf sneered and I rolled my eyes. Sometimes my wolf wasn’t half annoying. I watched as Harley’s gaze came to settle on me, and I flinched at the force of the hatred that I read there. “What are you doing there?” she spat. I’d never seen her so angry before, though I could understand why she was. “It’s my room” I said simply, deciding not to show her how much her response to me was killing me inside. “Fine, I’ll leave. I don’t want anything to do with you anyway. I thought I’d already made that clear” she said simply, while getting up and sorting herself to leave. “You can’t go. Harley, please don’t leave” I begged her, uncaring as to how desperate I sounded, I just couldn’t live without her. “You killed her” she spat at me. I recoiled at that. I hadn’t killed her mother, but to her by not protecting her, I might as well have killed her. I groaned. “Harley, we both know I didn’t kill her, I just failed in protecting her, and that shall haunt me forever” I said softly. “Good! I hope it slowly kills you” she spat. Grabbing her now packed bag. My wolf even whimpered at that last remark. How could she hate me so much, it was a mistake. “Harley…please” I whimpered. “Don’t! just don’t Zylen. You did this, you have no one to blame but yourself!” she said simply before turning to leave. I just couldn’t let her leave. She wasn’t thinking straight, stricken by grief she’d be killed out there. ‘She is to stay with us where she belongs’ my wolf stated and I agreed. “Harley I’m sorry I didn’t want to have to do this but…Harley May Michaelson as alpha of the Golden Valley pack, I command you to stay within the pack house” I said, my tone full of authority. I watched as she crumpled to the floor, unable to fight the alpha’s command at the moment. I knew it wouldn’t last with her though, after all she wasn’t a wolf so it didn’t have the same lasting impact as it did on the wolves in my pack. I sighed. Best make her see sense quick then I thought. I heard her begin to sob and I took her into my arms to which she slapped me round the face and wiped her tears quickly as anger formed in her violet eyes, so much so they seemed to be alight with it. “Get off me Zylen! You may be able to force me to stay here for now, but we are done. Don’t ever touch me again!” she screamed before walking out the door, slamming it as she went. I sighed. What had I done?