Strange Mates - Chapter 21

A/N: So here is the nex chapter!! Hope you enjoy it!!! Love Dannii xx

Chapter 21

Bonnie’s P.O.V

I woke the next morning and stretched. I was happy to be here. I felt loved and wanted. I didn’t feel as scared. I knew my mummy and daddy would protect me. Thinking of them had me wanting hugs. Scrambling out of my covers I padded down the hall. I wasn’t sure where they would be. Just then I seen daddy come out of a room. “Daddy!” I screamed and ran to him, wrapping my arms around his leg. “Morning sweetie” he said picking me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he kissed my forehead. “Daddy where is mummy?” I asked. He looked saddened for a moment and I wondered why. “She’s sleeping still honey” he said softly smiling at me. I smiled. “Want some breakfast?” he asked and I nodded. “come on the trouble lets make you some food.” I nodded again as he carried me downstairs. When he put me down, I scrambled onto a chair and watched him eagerly. “How does chocolate chip pancakes sound?” daddy asked and I nodded licking my lips. My mouth watered at the thought. All chocolaty. My belly rumbled as the sweet smells hit my nose. “Someone’s hungry” daddy said laughing. I felt my cheeks heat. Placing the pancakes in front of me I quickly dug in. it tasted so yummy. Even more yummy than it had smelt. “Morning Babe” I heard daddy say and I paused my eating to look towards the door. Mummy stood in the doorway. But she didn’t look happy. She looked sad. “Daddy why is mummy sad? Is it my fault?” I asked softly, my bottom lip wobbling. “No sweetheart it isn’t your fault. Mummy will be okay. Just eat your breakfast like a good little girl” he said softly and I nodded not wanting to upset anyone. When I had finished I jumped down from my chair and ran to mummy. “Mummy. Why are you so sad? Have I been a bad girl?” I asked not understanding why she was so sad. Mummy never usually looked sad. “Oh no! baby girl you have not been a bad girl. Mummy is just having a few issues. I shall be okay baby.” she said softly lifting me into her arms. My lip wobbled again. I wanted my mummy to be happy. I could tell she was unhappy and it was making daddy unhappy. “Smile mummy” I said softly. I watched as a smile tugged her lips. She kissed my forehead. “Bonnie baby, your going to spend the day with Kalix and Ryan while mummy and daddy deal with some grown up things. Okay sweetie?” she asked softly and I nodded. 

After hugging my mummy for awhile I felt her hand me over to someone. I looked up and seen Kalix. “Hi” I said softly not quite as comfortable with Kalix. “Hello kiddo” she said ruffling my hair. I smiled. I turned to face mummy. “Be good for Kalix and Ryan please” mummy said. “I will mummy” I said and smiled at her. She smiled back before turning and leaving with daddy. This left me alone with Kalix and Ryan. I just hoped when I saw mummy and daddy later, they would be happier. I hated it when they were sad. 

Kalix’s P.O.V

I watched as Harley and Zylen left the room. They both looked severely upset and I knew Zylen must have told Harley about Layla. I also knew they were trying to hide most of how they were feeling because they didn’t want to upset Bonnie. Looking down at Bonnie I could tell she had picked up on their sadness. Her bottom lip wobbled and her eyes watered. “Bonnie. What’s a matter sweetie?” I asked her softly. “Why is mummy and daddy so sad?” she asked softly and I didn’t know how respond. How did you explain anything to a four year old. I looked to Ryan for help but he just shrugged. Fat lot of help he is then! “I don’t know sweetie. But I’m sure everything will be fine” I said softly unsure of what else to say. I couldn’t lie to the girl but then again I couldn’t tell her the truth either. It wasn’t my place. That was for Harley and Zylen to explain should they decide to. “Okay auntie Kalix” she said and I smiled. It felt weird being called auntie but I kind of liked it. God this kid was sending me soft! I giggled and tickled her softly, trying to distract her. She laughed. “No auntie Kalix! Stop! Uncle Ryan tell her!” she squealed between giggles. I laughed and so did Ryan, Bonnie’s laughing infectious to us both. I walked her into the living room. “Want to watch some cartoons?” I asked her and she nodded. So I settled her on the sofa and turned on the cartoons. “SpongeBob!” she screamed excitedly as a yellow sponge appeared on the screen. I sighed in relief. Glad that she seemed to be distracted enough to stop thinking about Harley and Zylen. But just because she was distracted didn’t mean I was. I couldn’t imagine what they were all going through. Jace with Layla being his mate, Harley with Layla being her sister and Zylen with the pain of seeing his mate so distraught over Layla’s condition. I just prayed Layla pulled through. None of them deserved the pain that would come if she didn’t make it. They had all been through enough that they deserved a happy ending. I looked at Ryan and he smiled at me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled thankful he was there for me because I knew I wouldn’t of been able to be this strong had he not been there. He kissed my neck softly and I gasped as the familiar tingles ran through my body. My body burned with need and I pushed Ryan away. We couldn’t do anything. We had to look after Bonnie. I promised Harley I would and I wasn’t about to let her down. Ryan frowned at me and I just pointed to Bonnie. He nodded and settled for sitting in a chair and pulling me onto his lap. He licked my mark once and I growled, he knew that was the most sensitive area. Afterall we had completed the mating the ritual, so now he was just deliberately being a tease. He grinned at me and I rolled my eyes. “Behave!” I mouthed to him which made him grin more, lust in his eyes. I shook my head. I turned to the TV and tried to focus on the screen but Ryan’s hands decided to roam my body and everywhere he touched burned and ignited the need within my body. I growled again. I went to get up, but his arms tightened around my body. “Behave then!” I sent through the mind link. He nodded and I smiled, nuzzling into him as I watched TV surprised that I was actually enjoying a kid’s TV programme. “Its because you’re a child at heart!” Ryan sent through the mind link and I just stuck my tongue out at him. He laughed. I grinned at him before glancing over at Bonnie, who had fallen asleep on the sofa. I got up and wrapped a blanket around her. Before going back to Ryan and switching to channel, looking for a movie to watch. In the end I found the first Die Hard film, so putting it on, I snuggled into Ryan and watched it. Glad for the distraction.