Strange Mates - Chapter 18

!!A/N: Here is thee next chapter guys!! Enjoy and dont forget to vote and comment !! Much love... Dannii xx

Chapter 18

Harley’s P.O.V

I couldn’t believe it. Kalix was Ryan’s mate! It was amazing! It meant I wouldn’t lose Ryan as he would be able to come live in our pack with us. I had been upset about the thought of leaving Ryan he was such a great guy and his heart was in the right place. The poor guy had risked everything and endured so much pain just to save my sorry ass. He was my new guy best friend and I never wanted to lose him. He and Kalix are going to make an amazing couple because they have opposite temperaments so they shall balance each other out. Oh I was so excited. I watched as Kalix and Ryan hugged while I snuggled into Zylen. The little bubble of happiness was soon shattered with the arrival of Lucas. “Touching very touching!” he said and I whimpered. I couldn’t help it, it wasn’t that he scared me he was just so vile and evil. Everything about him was just wrong. I soon regretted whimpering when I felt Zylen tense. “Lucas” I said softly trying not to whimper again, my panther agitated just by his presence. He was the man that had taken me and bonnie, the man that was forcing me into a mating and causing people I cared about severe pain. God I just wished he’d die! At this thought I felt Zylen let me go and shoot forward shifting mid air. I watched in shock as he charged at Lucas. I whimpered again. I was worried for my mate. Lucas was a cruel man and he never played fair. It was a dangerous game to go against him and Zylen had done exactly that. What surprised me though was that Lucas didn’t have more men with him. I looked at Kalix and Ryan who both looked worried. I mouthed where is everyone to Kalix she watched me before mouthing back that the pack was attacking them. My heart began to race. My pack was fighting cruel panther’s all for me. My heart swelled at their loyalty and I prayed nobody from the pack got killed. I shivered and then remembered bonnie was laid in the corner near where Zylen had Lucas pinned, his teeth sunk into Lucas’ neck, blood coating his brown muzzle. I heard Lucas whimper and seen his body shake and I knew he was about to shift. “Zylen he’s shifting!” I screamed before running forward to grab Bonnie before she got hurt. I couldn’t live with myself if she was hurt or worse killed. She was just so innocent. Torn from all she knew after the fatal attack on her parents leaving her an orphan. 

As I reached Bonnie her eyes fluttered open and terror filled her bright blue eyes. She looked so timid and scared and my body ached to comfort her. I saw her eyes flicker to the fight between Lucas and Zylen and I whimpered. She was too young to be witnessing that sort of violence. I pulled her into my arms and felt her bury her tiny head into my shoulder, tears falling down her sweet face. My heart broke. She didn’t need this. She needed love and care and a happy childhood. Not a childhood filled with violence, death and fear. No child deserved that. I jumped as Lucas landed in front of us. I froze. I didn’t want to provoke him to attack us but at the same time I wanted to distract him so Zylen could get to him again. I looked down at Bonnie’s small form and realised I had to get her away from this. But how? I didn’t want to leave my mate. Not when it was my fault they were fighting anyway. I looked up and spotted Ryan and Kalix sat in the corner. I looked down at Bonnie once more. “Bonnie. Sweetheart. Listen to me. I want you to run quickly over there to Ryan and Kalix. Tell them to get you out of here safely and that I will join you after I’ve helped Zylen.” I said softly and watched as she absorbed the information. She wiped her eyes softly and nodded at me to show me she understood. I kissed her forehead lightly and placed her onto the floor. She looked at me hesitantly before running quickly to a surprised Kalix and Ryan. I watched as she relayed my message to Kalix and I felt two pairs of eyes meet mine. I nodded at them both and I saw the worry etched into their faces. But this wasn’t their fight and I needed to get bonnie out of here. They had just found each other and deserved to be happy and Bonnie deserved a chance at a real life. So this was the only way. I held Kalix’s gaze a little longer before I watched her sag in defeat. I waited until all three of them had successfully snuck out the door before I turned my attention to the fight that was still ongoing. It was time to be a good mate and help Zylen and with that I turned to face Lucas and shouted his name at the top of my lungs.