Strange Mates - Chapter 14

A/N: Hey guys...heres another chapter...sorry its not very long but its necessary. Didn't want you thinking i'd forgotton characters or anything!!! Anyways enjoy!!! Dannii xx

Chapter 14

Zylen’s P.O.V

I sighed. Harley had been taken by panther shifters. She wasn’t just missing now she’d been kidnapped. ‘And that rogue let it happen’ my wolf snapped. I whimpered knowing it wasn’t really the rogues fault. I had let things get out of hand between me and Harley and I beat myself up about it everyday. Because to me, if I’d of been honest with her, she’d still be here. Wrapped up safe in my arms. My body ached with the need to hold her softly against me. I needed my mate desperately. I growled to myself. My mate was probably being tortured to death and I was just stood around with my tail in-between my legs like some naughty pup. I needed to do something. But I wasn’t sure what I was suppose to do. I hated being so weak and defenceless but I couldn’t help it. I knew nothing about panther shifters so to attack would be to lead my pack on a suicide mission. And as much as it wasn’t a good thing when the alpha can’t even lead the pack when the Luna goes missing, its worse when he leads his pack to the slaughter in his foolish attempts to get his mate back. I sighed again and ran a hand through my hair. It was obvious what I was going to have to do. I needed my family. It was time to call in my old alpha also known as my father and his mate, also known as my mother. They may have more knowledge on how to deal with this than me. Plus they could help out here because I was falling apart. The longer I was away from Harley the harder it was to live day by day. I needed her, she was my life. As cheesy as it was, it was true. Everyone knew if an alpha had a mate, to which he was aware, then an alpha that was away from their mate, was a weak easy targeted alpha, because they were stronger with their Luna beside them. Every wolf knew that. It was common knowledge. I just hoped and prayed my parents didn’t mind me disturbing their “retirement” cruise. I laughed at the thought of retirement and my parents and Kalix who had just walked into the room shot me a weird look. I just stuck my tongue out at her and headed to ring my parents. Feeling a little lighter knowing they would probably be able to help me.

Harley’s P.O.V

My body ached everywhere. So far I’d avoided being taken anywhere, by feigning sleep every time the strange men came into the room. I knew I was quickly running out of time because they had began smashing my head of the wall to “wake” me up. Before laughing and walking off, leaving me holding my head, slumped against the wall. I never cried when they did this though, as much as it hurt. I just bit my tongue, I didn’t want Bonnie seeing how much they got to me, because then she may be more hesitant to trust me and I didn’t want that.