Strange Mates - Chapter 7

A/N: Here's another chapter. because im just that lovely :P x Enjoy...Dannii x

Chapter 7

Harley’s P.O.V

“I reject you!” I spat and I felt my heart break, but it had to be done. He’d practically killed my mother, he’d promised he’d protect her and he hadn’t and because of that she was now dead. I heard the shock come from Kalix and I just looked at her and shrugged before getting up and heading to my room needing to be alone. I stood in my room pacing the floor, I didn’t know what to do, I hated being here because I couldn’t stand the sight of Zylen, but I couldn’t leave yet because he’d gone all Alpha on my ass! ‘Damn him’ I cursed, knowing it won’t have lifted just because he’s no longer my mate. I paced some more, unsure what to do now, knowing I couldn’t go face the rest of the pack after they get wind that I have just rejected their alpha. ‘Their not your pack anyway! Your no wolf!’ my panther spat at me and I had to agree. I wasn’t a wolf I was a panther. Not that I shifted often, hardly at all to be honest, especially since being with Zylen. He didn’t know what I could shift into, I hadn’t felt like enlightening him and now I was glad I hadn’t. I knew my panther was there though, she often talked to and I could feel her presence just under the surface of my skin. She often got restless with me for not shifting into her form and she paced under my skin, like a caged animal, which I guess she kind of was. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn’t notice that someone had walked in. I looked up, straight into the golden eyes of Jace. I watched him curiously, yet apprehensive as to what he wanted. Afterall he was Zylen’s beta and his best friend. I watched as Jace held out his arms for me, I just looked at him, uncertainly clearly written on my face. “Come on Harl’s I’m not going to hurt you” he said softly, beckoning me into his arms. I stepped forward and let him wrap his arms around my waist, nuzzling my head into the crook of his chin. I was surprised by how great it felt to be held by him, usually my panther was repulsed by any guy holding me that wasn’t Zylen. I sighed in contentment and looked up at Jace who smiled at me before kissing my forehead. My head burned where he dropped the kiss and my heart pounded in my chest. I was so confused, I didn’t understand why I was responding like this, Jace wasn’t my mate. Zylen was. Well he was before I rejected him.  I felt Jace’s gaze on me and I realised I had zoned out again. “Sorry” I said softly, blushing and dropping my head. I felt his finger lift my chin so my eyes met his golden ones once more. “You have nothing to apologise for” he smiled and I hugged him tighter. ‘Damn he smelt so good’ I thought. He smelt like the woods and the ocean blended together in a perfect harmony, it was both calming and wild at the same time. I loved it. ‘Damn it Harley! Stop it!’ I cursed myself. This is not who I was, I didn’t lust after every guy that showed me any sort of attention. I would not be that girl. I stepped out of his arms and yawned, suddenly very tired. “Erm…Jace I’m going to head to bed, so see you tomorrow or something?” I said not wanting to sound so desperate, but secretly wishing he’d just stay. ‘God what was wrong with me’ I thought as I watched him. “Sure you don’t want me to stay?” he said grinning. “I’m good. Goodnight Jace.” I said softly, turning away so I could keep some self control. I was so confused as to why I was reacting to him like this. My body was hyperaware that he hadn’t left the room yet, and it took every ounce of self control not to turn and beckon him to come to bed with me.