Strange Mates - Chapter 13

A/N : Hello again my lovelies!! I hope you are enjoying the story so far!!! if not please let me know why and i can see what i need to do better :D xx  Keep those comments coming in!! I do read em all!!! xxx

Anyways guys here's thee next chapter!!! Enjoys!!! Dannii xxx

Chapter 13

Kalix’s P.O.V

I was exhausted. I’d spent the last 4 days searching everywhere I could think of for Harley, but I’d come up blank every time. Any trace of her being anywhere in the pack land recently where gone with the rain we’d had last night. I yawned and stretched. I desperately needed some proper sleep, but I was more worried about Harley. She wasn’t safe out there alone. I shivered as negative thoughts crossed my mind. ‘No don’t think like that Kalix’ I scolded myself. Before padding across the lawn towards the pack house. As I approached a familiar scent surrounded me and I smiled, suddenly hopeful that Harley had been returned. I ran through the door. “Harls!” I screamed happily. But stopped short, sobering up quickly when I seen Zylen’s mournful face. He was sat on the sofa, looking exhausted, his hair falling across his face as he talked to a female. It was obvious Harley wasn’t back because if she was, Zylen would be happier and he’d be with her. Wouldn’t he? I began to doubt Zylen and wondered who the female he was talking to was. I approached them cautiously. Thankful they hadn’t been paying attention to my outburst. “Erm hello” I said softly. Not sure if I should intrude, but curiosity getting the best of me. Zylen looked up at me and attempted to smile. I just looked at the female, who had yet to turn around. He patted the seat beside him and I shook my head. “Who is this Z?” I asked him softly. “This is Layla, Harley’s twin.” he said simply and I looked at him confused, unsure if I’d heard him right. Harley had a twin? Why didn’t I know this. I think Zylen sensed my confusion because he then added; “Harley wasn’t aware she had a twin, that’s why none of us knew” I just nodded still in shock. Just then Layla turned to me and offered a smile. I was astonished at how much she resembled Harley. If it wasn’t for the fact that her eyes were the deepest blue, and that she was an inch or two shorter, I would of said she was Harley. She even had the same scent. I sighed. Confused by it all and still wanting Harley back. Afterall she’d been my only real friend, practically my sister. I offered a smile to Layla before turning and heading to the kitchen. As I did so I heard Zylen talking again to Layla, I just hoped he knew what he was doing.