Henray- Fulfilling a promise

GENERAL
Henry Hart has made a lot of promises over the past 8 years. He promised his mom that he would build a rich and successful life after school. He promised Jasper that one day they'd fight crime together. He promised Charlotte that he wouldn't date a girl just based on her looks. He even promised Ray that he'd come back for a visit.

For the first time in over a year, Henry Hart was returning to Swellview. With his alter-ego Kid Danger having been dead for over a year, he felt different, like he didn't have to hide anymore. He was returning as Henry, a 19 year old who no longer had to keep a life-threatening secret.
———
Passing the WELCOME TO SWELLVIEW sign, he smiled, feeling free. His first stop, The Man's Nest. He had never seen it before. He pulled up to the door, seeing the logo he had missed so much.

"Uh, I'm here to see Ray Manchester?" Henry pressed the doorbell.

"Name?" A voice he recognised entered his ears, making him lean closer as he spoke into the mic that sat next to the doorbell.

"Henry, Henry Hart." He announced, immediately watching as one of the giant doors opened.

Feeling overwhelmed, he entered, seeing 2 doors, leach labelled.

Man's Nest HQ

Swellview Academy For The Gifted

Thinking that maybe the first door was his best option, he opened the unlocked door, walking into a pitch-black room, only lit up by the light that was set up around a giant tube that could fit a small group of people. He walked up onto the platform, watching the tube surround him.

"Up the tube?" He questioned. He was immediately thrusted upwards as he tried to stay still. After a minute, he stopped. He saw 4 kids, one of them happened to be Bose. He didn't see Ray anywhere.

"Henry?" A male voice echoed the room.

"Bose..." Henry smiled as the boy hugged him.

"Oh guys, this is Henry Hart, Ray's previous sidekick." Bose introduced him.

"Wait! You're Kid Danger?!" The girl who oddly resembled Charlotte smiled.

"I was Kid Danger. He died." Henry corrected her.

"Well, well. If it isn't Henry Hart..." He could recognise that voice anywhere.

"Charlotte." Henry quickly ran up to his friend, wrapping her in a hug.

"How are you?" Henry pulled away.

"I've been great. I work here now, well, only on weekends. I run my own law firm during the week." Before Charlotte could continue, Henry heard the voice of the one person he really came to see.

"HENRY!" Ray yelled as he ran up to one of his best friends.

"Hey Ray!" Henry hugged the man, having missed his childish mentality.

As they hugged, the emergency alarm went off.

"Perfect! We can go on a mission! Let's pop some gum and have some fun!" Ray was excited.

"You know I'm all about that fun, big dog, but, uh, you know...everyone thinks that Kid Danger is kinda..." Before he could continue Bose spoke up.

"Hot?" He smiled.

"Dead?" Miles also spoke up, correcting Bose.

"Exactly..." Henry smiled.

"Charlotte, please go and make sure Schwoz isn't lighting things on fire..." Ray smiled.

"Sure. It was nice seeing you again Henry." Charlotte gave her taller best friend one last hug before she smelt smoke.

"I think I'm too late." She quickly left the room, the sound of her boots hitting the floor echoing.

"You have a pretty sick place here, Ray." Henry was impressed.

"You think so? I built most of this place, with Schwoz's help." Ray slightly flexed his building abilities.

"So, you have a school?" Henry was a bit surprised.

"Yeah. I teach the gang how to safely use their powers and then we use their abilities to fight crime as the Danger Force." Henry was impressed with Ray's commitment to the group.

"Well, I've definitely missed you Henry..." Ray hugged his friend again.

"How's what's-his-face? Uh, um..." Ray purposely forgot his name.

"Jasper?" Henry smiled.

"Yeah! Jasper." Ray smiled back.

"He's doing good. He fights crime with me, as I promised..." Henry laughed as they sat down.

"Here is your regular order of Nacho Ball." Schwoz brought the food to the boys, who were hungry.

"Thanks for this Schwoz!" Henry hugged the small man who hugged him.

"I've truly missed this. Hanging out with you." Henry smiled at Ray who had stuffed his face with nachos.