Jarly- Stronger together

CHARLOTTE
Like I had been for nearly a week, I walked out of Ray's sprocket, my hair all wet from the shower.

"Morning Char." Ray smiled as he walked into the secret room.

I sat down on the Man Couch, checking my phone for any messages from my parents. When nothing popped up, Henry walked through the elevator door.

"Woah! Why are you here earlier than me? I'm usually the first one, apart from Ray, in the Man Cave around 3:10 pm!" Henry was shocked.

"Oh, yeah. My parents are getting the house fumigated as well as repainted so they suggested that I stay with a friend for a while. I figured that Jasper's mom hates children and your mom has two to deal with, I would ask Ray...and he said sure." I smiled, letting my phone rest on the Man Couch table.

"Hey, hey. What's wrong?" Henry sat besides me, his eyes following mine as I continuously looking at my phone.

"Hey! Fellow people!" Jasper smiled as he entered the Man Cave, slowly walking once he saw that I was upset.

"Wow. Wrong vibe." He sat down across from Henry and I.

"So, what's wrong?" Henry asked me.

"I-I lied. My parents aren't fumigating the house, or getting the house repainted. The truth is...they're gone." I explained.

"I-I'm sorry for your loss." Jasper looked upset.

"No, you don't understand. They've gone...to Texas." I explained further.

"I don't understand. If they've moved to Texas...then why are you here?" Henry was confused.

"Exactly. Can I show you something?" I got up from the Man Couch, letting my hair finally air dry as I took the boys to my house.
———
Once we arrived, I unlocked my front door with 1 of 2 keys. They were surprised about how empty the place looked. No paintings, no furniture, no food or kitchen resources. Walking down the hallway, there was absolutely nothing. I don't even think my parents put the house on the market or sold it.

We got to the last door at the very end of the house. I placed the second key in the hole, unlocking the door. Jasper opened it, confused.

"Wait...this is the only room that's almost entirely decorated..." Henry looked around.

"This is my room. I came home 4 days ago to see the entire house empty, except my room. No note...nothing." I sat down on my bed.

"I'm so sorry Char..." Jasper hugged me.

"Hey, there's a positive to this situation." Henry smiled.

"What positive?" I was confused.

"What if, either, Ray, Jasper and I start living here with you, since this house is 2 minutes from mine, 3 minutes from Jasper's place and 3 minutes from Junk 'N' Stuff. Or, you come and live with one of us?" Henry explained.

"I like the first option." I smiled.

"Well. We'll go check with our parents and I'll text Ray." Jasper smiled as they left the house.

As I waited for a response, Ray texted me.

Ray: So, your parents moved to Texas without you?

Me: Yeah.

Ray: Well, I'd be happy to move in with you. Yes, Jasper texted me. Can I be the cool uncle?

Me: You were always the cool uncle.

Ray: Sweet!

Getting a 'yes' from Ray was really sweet. Now, all I had to do was wait for Jasper and Henry.

I walked around the house, Ray pulling up to the house with 6 boxes. I pointed him in the direction to 1 of 3 rooms. Mine was the biggest since I was an only child. Ray took my parents old room, which had an ensuite bathroom and walk in closet.

There was two bathrooms, one in Ray's new room, and another bathroom that connects the other two rooms. My phone buzzed.

Henry: My parents agreed, as long as they have a look at the house.

Jasper: My mom didn't even answer. I guess she'd be ok with it since she really didn't care that I barely even hung around the house.

Me: Ok. Ray's already here. There are 3 bedrooms. 2/3 are taken. The last one is just smaller than Ray's new room and his room is a tiny bit smaller than mine.

Henry: Sounds neat.

Jasper: We're on our way.

After 3 minutes, Jasper and Henry showed up, Piper helping carry the boxes.

"Wow Charlotte. Nice house." Mrs Hart smiled.

"We're so sorry...about your parents..." Mr Hart hugged me as if I was his own daughter.

"At least I have Henry and Jasper, as well as Ray." I smiled as Ray exited from his room.

Shortly after they arrived, Mr and Mrs Hart left with Piper, leaving the boys, Ray and I.

"So, this room connects to a large bathroom that also connects to my bedroom." I showed them their shared bedroom.

"Awesome!" Jasper smiled.

"Oh...and thanks for doing this. You'll never know how much this all means to me." I hugged Henry. Jasper joined in as Ray took a photo of us in the empty room.

"I couldn't imagine a better outcome to this situation...cause we've never been better and stronger together." Henry hugged both Jasper and I for a few more seconds before letting us go as Ray showed us the picture of the three of us hugging.

"Selfie?" I smiled. Henry, who had the longest arms, wrapped his left arm around my shoulder as Jasper wrapped his right arm around my shoulder, while Ray got into the back of the photo, right arm around Henry's shoulder and his left arm around Jasper's shoulder.

Once the photo was taken, I helped the boys and Ray get their rooms started. Of course, we needed a lot of furniture.