Henray- The secret gets out

Dear Reader,

My name is Henry Hart, and I'm Swellview's resident gay. Wow. That sounded like it came from a 'coming-of-age' rom-com about acceptance. Ha. Charlotte loves those movies.

Anyways. My life is as normal as can be, even though when I'm not being a general 19-year-old, I'm fighting crime as a sidekick known as Kid Danger, working for the one, the only, Captain Man.

I've only ever had 2 secrets. My sexual identity and my alter ego. I've known about my sexual identity since I was 10, and have only told one person, but my alter ego has been a secret since I was 13.

With my alter ego, the only people who know are:
-Ray Manchester (My boss of 6 years, AKA Captain Man)
-Jasper Dunlop (My best friend of 11 years)
-Charlotte Page (My other best friend of 10 years)
-Piper Hart (My sister since she was born)
-Schwoz Schwartz (Foreign co-worker for 6 years).

With my sexual identity, the only people who know are:
-Jasper

Yeah. I haven't told anyone else but him. I also promised him that he wasn't my type and that we would remain friends. He doesn't know who I'm in love with, but I give him little hints every day.

Day 1, question: His hair.
"His hair is sometimes slicked back, and when it isn't, it's neat enough that people won't call him out for keeping it messy. It's chestnut brown and it's always smooth and fun to mess up." I explain to Jasper who's writing everything I say, down onto a note pad that has had some other things written on it.

Day 2, question: His eyes.
"He has slightly darker blue eyes that are as beautiful as the ocean. You could get lost and never want to be found." That's all I had to say, before Jasper cut me off for being too sappy.

Day 3, question: His clothes.
"His clothes are perfect for his age. He never changes his style and he could be easily recognised if necessary." I smiled as I thought about the guy I was in love with.

Day 4, question: His personality.
"He is immature, yet sarcastic, witty, and funny. He's responsible when he wants to be. He has a fun spirit, a big ego and likes to be romantic. He hates to lose and wants things to go his way." I smiled.
———
After my final hint, Jasper had been silent to me all day. He'd smile, but it seemed as if he had figured something out.

We got down to the Man Cave, Piper and Charlotte were late due to some...'girl code' situation.

"I know who you're in love with!" Jasper didn't beat around the bush.

"Ha. No you don't." I laughed at his attempt to convince me.

"Yes I do. I've been putting all the clues together and I know the identity of the person you're in love with." Jasper concluded.

"Ok. Who is it then?" I asked, acting cocky.

"Our boss, Ray Manchester." I was surprised. He actually figured it out.

"Wow. You caught me dude. Congrats." Jasper smiled.

"Wait...Ray is...ew! You're in love with a 39-year-old man!" Jasper seemed disgusted.

"Hey! I'm 19! There's 20 years between us, so what? I'm not in High-school so it's not illegal if we do ever end up dating!" I was objecting to Jasper's disgust.

"Who does Henry want to end up dating?" The one person I didn't want to show up, showed up.

"You!" Jasper let my secret slip before covering his mouth.

"You...want to end up dating...me?" Ray seemed surprised.

"Well, Ray. I'm gay, and have been since I was 10. Oh yeah, I've also been in love with you for 3 years." I revealed to my boss who was blushing extremely hard.

"Thanks for telling me. Now...now I know." Ray smiled as he walked away, still blushing.

"Great job Jasper! If there was an Olympic sport for best friends, you'd get bronze." I smiled.

"Wait! Bronze means bad!" Jasper pouted.

"Exactly!" I sat on the Man Couch, feeling embarrassed that my friend just revealed my secret to my crush. Hopefully, Jasper wouldn't let my secret slip to Charlotte, Piper, Schwoz or even my parents.