Henray- Birthday interruptions

HENRY
Ever since I celebrated my 17th birthday by fighting crimes secretly as Kid Danger, I hoped that Charlotte, Jasper, Schwoz and I could celebrate Ray's 38th birthday in peace.

"Hey baby...happy birthday." I walked into Ray's room as he tossed and turned, eventually sitting up. I had made his ideal breakfast, 2 pancakes and 2 muffins.

"Thanks Hen..." Ray kissed me as I placed the place on his lap.

"So, what's on the program for today?" Ray started to eat his breakfast.

"Well. Trusting that Swellview won't need Captain Man, we're gonna spend the day here, then we're gonna head to my place for a special birthday dinner, cooked by yours-truly." I smiled.

"Aww. You're the best boyfriend a man could ever ask for." Ray hugged me.

"At least you're getting a birthday. My special day was interrupted when Jeff decided to stupidly try and rob the Swellview Blood Bank." I groaned.

"Thank you anyways." Ray kissed me one more time before the subtle chime of the tubes coming down eventually echoed throughout the Man Cave.

"Looks like Charlotte and Jasper are early. Lucky you." I left Ray to go and see what was happening.

"Hey Char, hey Jasper. What goes-" Before I could finish my sentence, Charlotte ran over to the tubes.

"Henry, there's a crime wave in Swellview. Multiple stores have been robbed, people are being held captive and some of Swellview's worst villains have escaped from prison." Charlotte showed me a map of Swellview with green dots to show where crimes were taking place.

"Dang damn it." I cursed. I didn't want this for Ray. He's already so sensitive about his age, so I wanted his birthday to be perfect.

"O-Ok. I'm going to go deal with everything. As Kid Danger, I'm gonna use Piper's help." I got my gum and put it in my mouth.

"What about Ray?" Jasper asked, confused.

"Just tell him that I'm out running errands." Once I transformed, I ran up to the platform and waited for the tube to surround me.

"Up the tube!" I shouted before being sucked up towards the surface.
———
CHARLOTTE
Henry had been gone for just over an hour. I had been communicating with Piper through the mic that Henry had gave her, which luckily changed my voice to make me sound like a man.

I had two separate mics, since Piper didn't know that Henry was Kid Danger. One mic concealed my real voice, for Piper, and one made my voice normal, for Henry.

"Piper. Can you hear me?" My temporary voice spoke as I clicked on her mic.

"Hey, yeah. I can hear you." Piper spoke, having no idea who she was talking to.

"How's Kid Danger going?" I asked.

"He's fighting Jeff." Piper answered before I turned off her mic, keeping her and Henry safe while also helping Ray have a great day.

RAY
I hadn't seen Henry in nearly 2 hours. Something seemed off. I decided to ignore my anxiety, and head to his house. Since Henry and I started dating, my relationship with his mother has turned into a really good friendship.

"Ray. What are you doing here so early? You're not supposed to be here for another 3 hours." Kris opened her front door.

"Well. Henry's gone out, so I decided to spend some quality time with my only adult best friend." She laughed at my comment, not realising that it was true.

"Well, have a seat, cause I'm gonna make you my famous tuna bento balls." Kris walked into the kitchen, while I sat down at the kitchen table.

"That sounds delicious." I smiled.
———
After 4 hours, Henry still wasn't home. Charlotte and Jasper had come over, and Piper had suddenly appeared.

"Hey, look, Henry's calling me." Charlotte sounded surprised.

CHARLOTTE
I walked outside with Jasper, out of earshot from Ray and henry's mom in the house.

Me: Henry? Where are you? What are you doing?

Henry: I've arrested Dr Minyak, The Toddler, The Time Jerker and Frankini. I've rescued the captives and I'm on my way to stop and arrest Jeff. I should be home in 30 minutes.

Jasper: Well, hurry up.

I hung up the phone, heading back inside.

"Well?" Ray was confused.

"He should be home in 30 minutes." I smiled.

RAY
After Charlotte said 30 minutes, my mind relaxed. I excused myself from the group, heading up to Henry's room, a place I had been many time before without Kris' knowledge. I waited for 30 minutes, and the one person I hoped to see, showed up, in his uniform.

"Hey Kid." I smiled.

"R-Ray...I'm so sorry." Henry transformed out of his uniform.

"Why were you keeping this from me?" I asked, confused.

"It's your birthday. When Charlotte told me about the crime wave, I needed to solve it, wanting to keep you out of it." Henry admitted.

"Well, you should've told me. I worried about you all day. All you had to say was 'Ray, there's a crime wave in Swellview. I'm gonna go and stop it. You just stay here and relax. I'll deal with it.' I would've understood if you had just said that." I looked away.

"I'm sorry. Can we just celebrate your birthday in peace, now that the crime wave has gone down and the worst thing that's happening is someone not paying for their food." Henry walked up to me, holding my hands as he looked in my eyes.

"Sure." I smiled, kissing him before I climbed out his window and went to the front door, while I went downstairs. I heard the knock, so I opened the door, letting Henry in. After smiles and hugs, we enjoyed my birthday as soon as Henry's father came home. I was slowly warming up to him, and him to me.