Jaele- Unexpected coincidence

JACE
I arrived to set, ready for another day of filming.

"Morning Norman- whoa, what happened to your arm?" Mike looked at my arm, which was in a blue cast.

"Oh, I broke it." I looked down at the cast.

"How did you break your arm Jace?" Ella seemed worried.

"Oh. I had a friend over yesterday night and, in an attempt to get myself some food, I tripped over in the dark, landing on my arm, injuring it." I lied. Ella would never let me forget the way I actually injured my arm.

"Well, you're lucky that we're filming the 'Broken Armed and Dangerous' episode." Mike smiled.

"Anyways, go get ready to film." Mike spoke, letting me put my stuff in my dressing room.

"How did you really break your arm?" Riele kissed his cheek.

"Well, after our make-out session yesterday, I attempted to make myself lunch, but I tripped out of bed. You know, you were there." I admitted.

"Actually, I wasn't there. I left your place at 7 am yesterday because I had a doctors appointment." She smiled as I wrapped both my broken and non-broken arm around her waist and kissed her. We luckily pulled away before Sean spotted us.

"Guys! No PDA in the work place!" Sean laughed as he opened the door.

"We weren't kissing or anything. Chill dude." I laughed.

"Well, you did have your arms around her like you were being all 'lovey-dovey'." Jace pretended to vomit.

"That means nothing." Riele joined in our shared lie.

We got through the first 2 hours of filming, Mike having to wrap a green cloth around my cast so he could edit it out of the show in post-production, until the cast is supposed to appear. During a break, Ella followed me to my dressing room.

"How did you really break your arm?" Ella walked up to me, seeming suspicious.

"I told you. I had a friend over yesterday night and, in an attempt to get myself some food, I tripped over in the dark, landing on my arm, injuring it." I tried to keep the lie for as long as I could.

"Jace. Whenever you lie, your right hand twitches, your middle finger hitting your leg. You're doing it right now." Ella directed my attention to my hand movement.

"I'm not- I'm not- fine. I'm lying. Riele and I...you know, and I fell over in the dark while trying to get out of my room to get lunch." I told her everything.

"You and Riele had sex?!" Ella's eyes widened as I looked down the hallway on both sides.

"Quiet down!" I dragged her into my dressing room.

"What? Why?" Ella was confused.

"Look. Riele and I just made out. Nothing more than extremely passionate kissing. Besides, the moment Mike and/or Nickelodeon find out that Riele and I are more than friends, both our contracts are terminated and we'll never step foot on a Nickelodeon set every again. The studio will have to replace us. I don't think you, Sean or Cooper will be happy to have 2 new co-stars who know nothing about our show or it's characters." I gave her a long-winded explanation that she quickly understood.

"Are you going to tell Sean or Cooper that you're doing the devil's tango with your on-screen potential love interest?" Ella sat me down.

"Maybe? I don't know. For now, you keep your mouth shut. The less people who know, makes the chances of anyone else finding out about Riele and I slim." I smiled at the girl.

"My lips are sealed. Besides, I don't want to ruin the perfect ship that is, Jaele." Ella laughed as if she was acting as Jasper talking about Charlotte and Henry.

"Jaele?" I was clearly very confused.

"You know, Jace and Riele? Jaele? You combine the names to create the ultimate ship name, or in simpler terms, a couple name?" Ella smiled.

"Oh, Jaele as in the ship name. No. I don't like that." I laughed.

"What. You have a better idea?" Ella was doubting me.

"Yeah...R-R-Raele." I smiled at my combination.

"Uh, excuse me, that sounded horrible! It just sounds like a different pronunciation of Riele's name. Jaele is better because it combines both the names. It doesn't sound like a wrong pronunciation." Ella seemed proud of herself.

"Ella and Jace. Be on set in 5 minutes." One of the executive producers announced as they opened the door.

"Looks like Jaele gets away without detection for another day." Ella punched my arm lightly as she got up, heading to her own dressing room.