chapter 7 : were you crying?

Jungkook reached the hospital. He breathed in and out , then again continued to go inside . Finally he saw the person he was looking for . Brother jun was standing at the reception with hands covering his face.

Jungkook ran to him and asked ,
"Brother jun, are you okay ? Are you sick?"

"Yes jungkook. I'm. Of you. I've been enduring you just because your brother told me so . But I can't anymore. Who told you to bring alcohol cans at home? Look at mom now! Look what you did to her!"

Jungkook was taken aback by his outburst.
Confused as he already is asked brother Jun, " what happened to aunt ?"

"Thanks to you she is now laying on hospital bed like this. Did you think she will recognize the difference between alcohol and normal drinks when she never drank ?"

"Brother , I want to see aunt!"

"Unfortunately you can't jungkook! Don't you think you have caused enough harm ? I think your brother was right. You were a problem. If a problem gets the property it will be a loss. So he wanted to get rid of you. Now it's time for me to do so.
Go pack your luggage and go. "

Walking through the empty streets he kicked the lamppost hard causing him pain.

Why the world is so unfair to him? Why is he so unlucky?
He thought he loved this new family but what he did to them was ungrateful. He thought he had gotten a new family but he was wrong afterall.

About his brother...he is still confused. Was it real ? His care ...was it real anyway?

He went to his room and packed his things. Right now there are only few people walking here and there as it was already night.
Since he had no place to spend the night , he sat himself at the bus stop. Leaning his head on the cold metal he let the sleep carry him to the dreamland.

He woke up when he heard the loud horns of cars. It was early in the morning , meaning it's not yet fully morning. He brought his breakfast and went for the bighit building he was told to go.

It was not even 9am when he went there. Unlike the previous time the two guards let him in. He straight went to the meeting room like yesterday hoping the others will come too.

And he was right , soon one after another started to come. And they sat down together. He still didn't looked them in the eyes,  he just started out of the window zoning out. He didn't notice Jimin also came and sat beside him. The last one to come was Namjoon.

The manager didn't come yet .. so all of them were chatting with one another. They seems to know each other well.

"Hey Jungkookie,  you look like a vampire. Why are your eyes red ??" Namjoon made the obvious question. The others told him to ask since Namjoon already talked with jungkook.

Jungkook looked at him and said , "Didn't sleep well"
When he finished and was about to turn his head back where he was starring at , he finally noticed the guy beside him.

For the first time his eyes fell on Jimin's even if it was for a moment. Those eyes...they were beautiful. Jungkook thought.
"Hey Jungkook" he heard the soft voice calling him. He couldn't but responded with a "hm?"
Jungkook wishes that Jimin really forgot him otherwise it will be hard for him.

" Were you crying?"

That sudden question made Jungkook froze in his seat. Looking around he found no one looking at his direction.
He shook his head "no."

"Where did you live before?"
Jimin asked whispering.

"I...at my brothers home."

"I didn't heard of you since then. Didn't expect to meet you here Jungkook. I heard you left home.."

Jungkook didn't respond immediately. He sighed thinking jimin remembers him.
"How can someone call a cold cave home? None can live there unless they are made of  ice"
Jungkook looked down saying , "it's....been a while."

Tears were welling up in his eyes but he refrained to release them. He looked down so his teary eyes won't be seen.

Jimin looked really concerned and worried . He guessed something was wrong. But he is happy too ! Jungkook is talking to him at least. Does he remember the letter he gave to jimin ?
"Have you been well? You have become skinnier than before"

"Oh. What about..you?"

"Me ? I left busan soon after. I completed my last year here and joined office as newbie haha. But here I'm now."

"Good to hear" jungkook nodded feeling relieved that jimin didn't went through the hardships he went . He always wanted the other man live a normal and peaceful life.

Meanwhile the manager came and took them to their dormitory. Each members has a room , not so large and not so small. As jungkook is number 7 , he saw all the members get into their room including Jimin. But Jimin did something different.
He smiled at Jungkook...sincerely and affectionately , exactly what  jugkook was afraid of.