Chapter Two: The Kingdom

The few weeks went by and Jacob hadn't seen Mila or Welk in what felt like forever. He was so busy of the restance with the King, that he never had a chance to do anything else. And since the dinner party he was never going to be let out of the castle again.
Through the entire time he was rehearsing, his father would always ask of the quest, don't be nervous, take what you get, all these things rattled in his mind.
"What do you mean by getting a quest?" Jacob finally asked.
"Well," his father said. "It is a tradition going back generations before your grandfather's time. When ever a prince is to be crowned the thrown, he must be given a quest. My quest, of course, was to hunt the dragon that had killed the prince of Marstead before the king..... And.....so on and so on."
With that in his mind, Jacob was hoping his quest would be easy, just so he could get it over with.

Finally the day came when Jacob had to meet the King. His parents woke him up early so he could have enough time to get ready and eat breakfast. It was most likely a three carriage ride a head of them and they had to be there right on time. They left in the late morning and loaded into the carriage. The entire trip there, there was complete silence. There were only occasional glances. Jacob felt uncomfortable in a suit he could barely breathe in. He never wanted to do this, be all spiffy and go meet some unelect official.
The carriage ride was the longest three hours of Jacob's life. By the time they reached the city, it was filled with people waiting for the castle doors to open and to see the king.
Before they were escorted into the castle they were given a tour around the kingdom. Jacob strayed from the group, to see more of the small stuff. He ran into all the small stores and bought a few things with the money that was given to him by his parents. He ran scuffing his dress shoes and wrinkling his suit. He stopped dead in the road to pick up a news paper that was on the floor. He read the article.
BOOK OF ILIAD MISSING
In a strange disappearance the famous
Book of Iliad has gone missing along with its
Famous author.
The author was found dead in the house of
Kroyme Vlander Iliad
At exactly 7:00 in the morning.
A massive manhunt is on for the murder of this
Crime and the thief of the infamous
Book.
Jacob set the article back on the road and ran towards the palace to meet his parents and the king, with the book of Iliad still in his mind.

Jacob knew not much of the King neither did he know there was a king. The carriage stopped in the front gate of the castle. They all walked out, into the castle. There was a long walk from the door to the great hall and there to meet them was the king and his royal quartship.
"Welcome!" The king said in a most loud voice. The king was a tall man who had a long gray beard. He wore a monocle and had a calm yet loud voice. He wore a red sash and a brown suit, he wore a long burgundy cape and a four inch crown on his head. "Please sit down." He asked.
Jacob took a seat near a young boy who looked just like the king except no crown and no cape. "Oh, this is my son, Esped. I'm sure you to will get along." And Jacob did nothing the whole evening but talk to Esped. Esped was just like Jacob and didn't wish to follow in his fathers footsteps. The first two hours everyone spent talking,then the next two they spent eating.
After dinner they went to the throne room to discuss Jacob's quest.

In the throne room, the king sat and talked with the quartship for nearly an hour, discussing Jacob's quest.
"Stand, Prince Jacob!" Jacob stood up with fear of his quest. Praying and hoping it would be something easy.
"The quartship and I have decided to give your quest a deadline of 12 days.
Your quest............is to find the book of Iliad.
There was a gasp from the crowd.
And for once in his life Jacob knew he was in trouble.