Chapter Fourteen: Marelais' Castle

The Admers led them out of the cave into Marelais( mar- e- alas) castle. It was a dark and desolate place, from diffrent from the kingdom, Jacob thought in his mind. The walls were covered in grime and mold and the floor was covered in broken tiles and rats. Everywhere you looked their were Admers floating around.
They led them into a dark circular room with windows that were covered with slashed curtains. There was a huge arm chair in the middle of the room and sitting on it was Marelais.
"Leave them there, thank you." He said pointing to the Admers.
"Well, well" he said while Jacob, Mila and Welk were picking themselves up. "I have been expecting you for almost a weak, I sent my Admers to get you, what weak creatures."
"Why didn't you come get us yourself?" Welk asked.
"Because, well I don't know but here you are!" He was saying this while he picked up a book from the small shelf in the corner of the room. "Now, I believe you are looking for this." He said with the book of iliad in his hand.
"Yes," Mila said with her twitching hands behind her back.
"Well, I don't want it to, isn't life so unfair. So, I have decided to make a comprise, if you can prove yourself to open the power in this book. We can both conquer the world and prove that the world is nothing but a small mere step in morality."
"We're never gonna help you." Jacob said pushing Mila and Welk towards the door.
"I had expected, you were as stupid as my father who wrote the wretched book." The door slammed shut and the windows blew off the curtain letting wind in. Admers appeared from the wind. They seized them and Marelais came towards them with the book when letters dropped out of his pocket.
"What are those?" Jacob said.
"Oh, well you can read them if you want." Marelais handed the letters to Jacob. He saw that they were addressed from the quartship. He opened it and read it aloud.
Dear Prince Jacob,
We are proud of your
progress on your quest
and want to notify
you that you still have
Six days left.
We hope you can get back
Safe and we
Will see you in the
next week.
From,
The Quartship.
"You wrote those letters, didn't you. You made them seem like I didn't want to complete my quest. Why?"
"I knew you couldn't stand away so I just made it seem like they didn't want you anymore. So open the book."
He handed Jacob the book and he took it in his hands.
He did it.