Chapter Ten: Atop the Mountain❄️

They woke up on a cold humid morning. They warmed themselves by the fire and Jacob had noticed that the Pedrai had landed them on a mountain. They ate breakfast before they went off since it would be a long walk back down the mountain. Mila had cooked eggs from which she got from a birds nest. They got up and began to walk towards north.
While they were walking, another thing had hit Jacob on the head. He picked it up and noticed it was another letter. It was addressed from the quartship and on red print said the words URGENT. He opened it and read it aloud.
Dear Prince Jacob,
The quartship has taken into account that you have
Decided to indeed fulfill your quest.
The ruling has been carried out that you have
Failed your quest and are here retired.
You were supposed to return home at once.
You have given us no further choice to
Give you ruling.
Not only are you breaking 20 different laws
You are defining the quartship.
Which is punishable by death.
If you are not to return home in the next five days
You will lose your title as Prince and
Your royal seat.

Sincerely,
Rivile Mintlack
Head of the Quartship powers.

He crumpled up the letter and shoved it into his satchel along with the last letter.
"You see what they are doing? They want us to comeback." He said.
"So should we?" Welk said still confused on what was happening.
"No," Mila said looking stern. "We have to get the book."
"She's right we better get moving." Jacob said picking up his satchel and starting to walk.

The mountain on which the Pedrai had landed them was huge. It was cold and wet on the top of the mountain and frost began to grow everywhere. The snow crunched under their feet and they grew tired from the cold.
There was a large rock at the edge of the mountain which they took shelter under from the forming snowstorm. Welk tried to start a fire but it was to cold to light.
"No what?" He asked in shivers.
"We wait for the storm to pass." Jacob said.
"The storm will never pass." Came a raspy voice from the far back of the cave. They turned to see who it was but it was simply to dark to see. Soon there came a wobbly sound of footsteps and from the darkness formed an old man. He had a white gray beard and wore a long brown robe and carried a cane with him.
"Who are you?" Mila asked looking almost terrified.
"I'm Malone and was once like you, young and free, until I climbed this mountain with a group of friends and they left me alone so I stayed up here. It seemed great, but then it started to snow and it grew into a much larger snow. I waited in this cave, but the storm never passed."
They looked at each other, in no time they got up and ran for the exit. A terrifying screech came from the back of the cave. They turned and saw an Admer coming straight for them.
They ran to as far as the mountain edge would go. They soon had no choice but to jump from the mountain peak. They jumped off and landed on the hard solid ground.
They had no thought that the Admer was still after them, so they ran towards the nearest forest as the mountain disappeared in the distance.

Finally Welk lit a fire and by the moment he lit it, he instantly fell asleep. They were all tired and cold, they called it a day and went to sleep. The wind was still blowing and Jacob couldn't sleep. He was too worried about what his parents would think about him losing the throne because he didn't follow orders. He knew that the quest was over, but time was still of the essence.
They had four more days.