Chapter Four: At Wineshaums

They walked the entire night through woods. They stopped to rest occasionally near shaded trees. They walked for what seemed like forever. Though they never grew hungry. Mila brought apples and tea, in which she couldn't fit in her satchel since it was filled with books that she brought. Jacob brought some books, a few pages of paper a pen and a few apples he picked from the trees. Welk brought nothing but the clothes on his back.
Mila read the entire way there and never seemed to get bored. She shut the book she was reading and broke the silence.
"Do you guys remember how I told that the book was kept with Iliad the entire time." They both nodded their heads. "Well it turns out, that originally it was put in a museum and one day a girl took it from the exhibit. And the next day, they found her dead with the book in her hands. The quartship wanted to burn the book to stop the same thing from happening again. But Iliad kept the book instead." She said while biting into an apple.
They shrugged. A cold wind blew by and they all shuttered. Their feet were bruised and cut. In the distance, Jacob saw a small wooden building about a few feet away.
"Come on, we can go rest in that building."
They walked in to what looked a pub, they walked in and saw a huge piece of wood with words carved into it the said WINESHAUMS. It was crowded and large. Most of the people in their were men who were drinking. They sat down at a small table. A waitress came and placed a small bowl of mixed nuts on the table. Welk dug into them right away. The waitress came back with three pint glasses. Welk grabbed the first one and took a huge gulp. He belched loudly, while Mila rolled her eyes in disgust. Jacob searched through his satchel and pulled out a large map. He looked over it with Mila.
"So where exactly do we have to go?"
"We have to find this Marealis, don't we?"
"Yeah but we don't know where he his."
"But I do." Came a voice from the corner of the room. There was a man sitting at a table with long black hair and a beard. He wore a strange cloak. He came up to them and sat down.
"My name is Remad. I see you need help find Marealis. I can take you to him if you like." He pointed towards the direction on the map and which way to go. "But we must hurry." He stood from the table and ran towards the door. Jacob looked unsure on whether to trust him or not. But they had no other choice but to go along with it. They took everything with them and Welk took the nuts and the pints. They walked towards the door but Jacob tripped over a leg. He was helped up by Mila.
"Thanks." He said.
"Your welcome but that's not me."
Jacob looked back at the real Mila and the Mila in front of him. The fake Mila's face began to melt away to reveal a dark figure that had no face and was completely white. Soon everyone in the pub's face began to melt away to reveal the same thing. They sprinted out the door and jumped on the carriage that Remad was driving.
"What were those?" Mila asked.
"Those are Admers." Jacob said.
They bounced up and down in the broken carriage and nearly ran into everything. The carriage came to a sudden stop and they all tumbled out.
"This is the farthest I can take you. Good luck."
The carriage drove away. They stopped at sharp cliff and below the cliff was a massive river.
"What are we going to do, the Admers are after us." Mila said.
"There is only one thing we can do." Jacob said with a stern look on his face.
They locked arms, and with a deep breath.
They jumped.