Chapter Five: The RiverBends

They landed in the river with a sudden splash. They water was cold and filled with mud from the woods. They only one conscious was Mila, because Welk couldn't swim and Jacob had passed out on the way down. Mila grabbed a log tree and grabbed Welk so he could float.
Mila had trouble pulling Jacob. She tried with all her might to carry Jacob to the log, but the Rapids were too strong. She soon heard the rushing of water, coming from about a mile away. Mila saw a waterfall, that they were about to fall right off the face of the earth. She pulled out her wand and made the trees branches grow long. She grabbed one and told Welk to hold on to her foot. She thought they were safe, but just then she saw Jacob about to go off the edge.
She let go of the branch and tried to grab Jacob.
She was surprised to see what appeared as a face in the water. Mila watched the face and was distracted. Suddenly the face vanished and in flash went to Jacob.
Mila hoped it wouldn't be an Admers. Soon water swirled around Jacob, so fast he started spinning. Then a huge tidal wave came and washed over Jacob. Mila and Welk sure thought he was dead. Suddenly, he popped out of the water with dark fears in his eyes. He swam to Mila.
"What's going on?" He asked.
"Well, we jumped in a river and now about to fall of the end of the earth." Welk said
They saw the waterfall and were shocked because they couldn't do anything. Quickly, Mila pulled out her wand, and put a spell on the water.
They went over the edge.
Yet they hit the water below without a splash. She used her magic to control the Rapids and doge the rocks.
The reached land and wiped off all the mud and water from their bodies. Then again Mila saw the face, but this time it was connected to a body which was completely made of water. Suddenly, more started to pop out of the water. Welk stood up immediately and walked over to one. They were extremely gorgeous and had long white hair. They had grabbed Welk by the wrist and leaned it to kiss him. Then, there was sharp hiss sound. Mila and Jacob looked back and saw the the things were carrying Welk away. Mila pulled out her wand and put a spell on the water, the moment she stepped on it she floated. "Come on!" She gestured at Jacob. He was afraid to move close to the water. He put one foot out and he floated. They ran across the water to Welk.
The creatures were hissing like snakes at them. Mila raised her wand and shouted a spell. The creature disappeared with a bright flash of light. Soon all the others scattered, leaving Welk in the river.
Mila and Jacob carried Welk to a dry spot in the forest.
Cold, wet, hungry and tired, Welk started a fire and Mila picked food. Jacob read near the fire, trying to figure what those things were.
"Hey, come check this out." He said.
"What did you find?" Welk asked.
"The things that we saw are called RiverBends. They seem to be friendly at first, but actually evil. They seduce people with their charm and eat their victims." Welk swallowed in his throat. "It is said they are actually related to Admers. They were trying to kill us. "
"So now where do we go?" Mila asked.
"There's only one place to go." He said, as he stared at the dark forest ahead.
Welk and Mila turned their heads.
A wolf howled as they stared at the dark road that lay ahead.