2: A New School

Percy's pov:

I walked into my apartment. Gabe was watching TV. He killed my mother when I was 13. I found out in camp.

"Hey, I'm gonna sign up for Midtown High school, ok?" I asked. Gabe looked at me,

"Fine, but your making the money. I want you home by 7. Got that?" I nodded. I went on the laptop and did everything I needed to go to school. Tomorrow school starts, so I quickly packed everything I needed into my backpack.

I took 500$ which my mother had given me as a gift of winning a war. I went to the makeup shop and bought a kit of make up, which had: skin & eye primer, foundation and concealer pallet (along with cream), contouring pallet, eye shadow pallet, black eye liner, mascara, lip liner and setting spray. Of course, I also bought beauty blenders and brushes.

I went to the pharmacy and bought some thin medical tape, over which I could use make up on, when Gabe bruises me. I also went and bought some black boots and black sneakers. And some cloths of course. Then I dropped off at a cafe, signed up for a spot so I could make money, daily. Then I went to the gym and got a slot with a trainer.

Once I got home, I started making sure I looked ok for school. Since I was a girl, I needed to make myself look different. I used tweezers to make my eyebrows look ok.

About 7:00 in the evening, I got a call from the cafe I had signed up for.

"Sir?" I asked,

"You're hired, ma'am. Tomorrow at 3 in the evening you start. Your slot will end at 4:30. You'll do this daily throughout the school days." I heard a male's voice from the other side,

"Can I go there at 8 AM and end at 5 PM on weekends?"

"Yes, that'll do." I thanked him and hung up. Well, first day of school, I'll have 30 minutes to transition from school to work tomorrow. I'll see how that goes. Then I'll go to the gym, to Coach Owens, at 5:15. Great. Love the schedule.

I went to bed at 10 PM, turning the timer to 6 in the morning.

----------------6 in the Morning-----------------

The ringing of my phone woke me up. I looked into the mirror, took a brush, which was my mothers, and brushed my long, wavy, black hair. I put it into a low, office bun, since I won't have time to make my hair after school. I put on a khaki green jacket over a black, long sleeved shirt and blue jeans. I wore my sneakers today.

 I wore my sneakers today

Then I put on my makeup. I wanted to keep it neutral, so I added eye liner, which was surprisingly accurate, for a first time. I also added some concealer and contouring pallet. I made sure it looked natural. I also added some slightly darker eye shadow.

I smiled at my reflection, I could get used to this. I took my black backpack which i had packed and went to eat breakfast. It was 7 AM already. I quickly ate my breakfast, got a few whips from Gabe, fixed my makeup from the whips and drove to school on my motorcycle.