mutual attraction- sirius

"Shove off, Sirius," Y/n mumbles, the words meeting the ears of a rather confused Sirius Black as he treads out of the classroom behind her. He scoffs lightly as he falls into step next to her.

"Why are you always so mean to me, love?" He muses with a light tone, lightly brushing her shoulder with his own. "Truly, if you continue on like this, I may just think that you don't like me and give up," He notes, earning a side glare from her as the pair slip past some first years rushing towards the class they just exited.

"How close are we to that happening?" She questions quickly, pausing briefly at a pileup by the stairs. "Just a general timeframe for the sake of my sanity?"

"I think I could hold out a bit longer," He confirms, and she shakes her head with a soft sigh.

"You're that committed to this ploy?" She asks him softly, the crowd starting to move again as a professor guides students into the right directions.

"What ploy?" Sirius asks, brow raised as he stares down at the girl.

"This ploy," Y/n explains, gripping her books in her one arm as she gestures between her and Sirius. "Convincing me that the great Hogwarts player has somehow decided to court me," She further explains, rolling her eyes at the boy who holds a confused stare. "I've been at this school for six years, Sirius. I've outlived all of the pranks, all of the bullying and all of the weight jokes, even this one specifically. And though, to be honest, you've held up much longer than the other bastards at this school, it still won't work."

"There seems to be a rather large miscommunication happening here, love," Sirius defends, just barely catching a glance of Y/n's glare before she starts walking away. 'I'm not trying to prank you, Y/n. There is no ploy," He announces as he starts following her. She scoffs. "I like you, is that honestly so hard to believe?" He questions carefully, a hand delicately gripping her elbow to keep her from stepping into her next class. She extends a shy glance at the gentle gesture before carefully pulling away.

"Yes," She notes plainly, not even sparing Sirius the briefest look before disappearing into the steady stream of students heading to potions.

Sirius lingered for a mere moment before walking to the Gryffindor common room in a haze, shutting the door behind him in a rush as he waited to be acknowledged by James and Remus, currently studying for their DADA quiz.

"She doesn't like me," Sirius announces as he falls onto his bed, his friends looking up from their work as he does.

"Who?" James questions, shoving his textbook to the side at the newfound excuse from studying.

"Y/n," Sirius clarifies and lifts his head to look at his dark-haired friend. "I don't get it, I've been a complete gentleman," He notes and both James and Remus scoff playfully, locking eyes to share a knowing look. "What was that?" He asks, lifting himself to lean back against his headboard. "What was that look?"

"I don't know what you mean," Remus answers, also sliding his textbook close, folding his arms over his chest.

"I think what Remus means to say, is that you are the furthest thing from a gentleman poor Y/n will find," James offers with a sly smirk and Remus looks down to hide a small smirk tugging at his lips as well.

"I'm offended," Sirius muses with furrowed brows. "Utterly scarred by your insinuation," He adds with mock hurt and shakes his head when the boys laugh in reply. "Besides, it's not my adventures with the girls that worries her, I think it's my adventures with you bunch that's making her question me."

"I don't blame her." Remus says as he refocuses his attention on his books. "We aren't exactly the posterchildren for antibullying."

"Why does that matter?" James asks before Sirius could and Remus sighs, lifting his gaze once again to explain.