all to myself- sirius

"Alright, what are you doing?" Remus accused almost out of nowhere, confusion sifting onto Sirius' brow as he washed another plate, frowning as he settled it on the rack.

"The dishes?" he pondered out loud as he grabbed another plate from the counter where Remus has taken it upon himself to organize the mess by category.

"Don't be daft, I'm talking about Y/n, what are you doing with Y/n?" he explained with a sigh, leaning back against the counter to offer a clear look of distaste as he thought about the copious amount of flirting that occurred during at the dining room table.

"I'm not doing anything with Y/n, Moony, no more than you and James, I assume," he scoffed, turning with his hands still in the water to counter Remus' glare with a challenging glare of his own. "Why do you ask?"

"Don't do that," Remus sighed, arms folding over his chest as he shook his head. "James may be his blissfully oblivious self, but I'm not too much of a fool to notice the way you're acting around each other, I was this close to suggesting you get a room halfway through dinner, so don't try and tell me you're not trying to get her into bed," he explained and Sirius merely shrugged, continuing his work on the plate that sat at the bottom of the sink, hoping that his nonchalance fooled his friend, or annoyed him enough to leave the conversation at that.

Because as always, Remus was far too clever for his own good. When Sirius and you started toying around with the idea of a relationship a few months ago, the pair of you knew that Remus would be the hardest to hide your ruse from, few things slipped past his marvelous sense for sniffing out Sirius' bullshit. The problem, of course, was that you two were getting reckless the longer your secret remained a secret, it was so easy being together, being a couple, it got away from you sometimes that you were meant to be anything but.

"Just some casual flirting amongst friends, I'd do it with you too, if you weren't so damn serious all the time," he countered with a grin, drying his hands as the sink cleared of water. "Calm down, would you, you know I'd never try anything with her, for goodness sake, Moony, it's Y/n we're talking about."

"Exactly. It's Y/n. Sweet, kind, general representative of all things good in this world, Y/n," Sirius nodded along to the words as Remus paused. "You're the furthest thing from subtle, Sirius, have always been. So instead of trying to talk you out of this, I'd simply remind you that this girl deserves so much more than being another one of your conquests," Sirius' jaw clenched at this, mind somewhere between being upset with Remus for thinking so lowly of him but also wondering if the very thought had ever crossed your mind. "You got that?"

"Loud and clear," Sirius breathed with a faux smile as Remus delivered a light pat to his shoulder.

"Good. Leave the pot, James burnt the sauce, so it needs to soak, I'll wake up and clean it before Y/n discovers it," Remus teased with ease, as if the conversation before was but a light chat between friends. "Good night, Pads," he added with a hidden yawn, accepting the silent nod of agreement from Sirius before scurrying off to bed.

Sirius' steps were determined, he knew you were waiting for him in his bedroom. It had become a little reward at the end of another criminally busy day to find his girl settled upon his sheets wearing one of the shirts he'd left abandoned in his closet, a select few being reserved for you alone. This had quickly become the best part of his day, the moments he didn't have to hide the way you made him feel, the way you somehow shifted his entire world upside down with the smallest of gestures, the sweetest of moments where you were doing nothing other than being yourself. There was not a minute he wasn't longing for the bits of time he got to have you as his. Though this time his mind was racing, he'd half-expected Remus to be the one to understand the feelings he had for you, expected him to support the way you stole bits of his heart as the days passed. He hadn't expected him to sow seeds of doubt that would sprout within an instant.

He couldn't fight the smile that met his lips as he entered his room, the smell of your shampoo overtaking his senses as his eyes searched for you, smile growing as you surprised him by wrapping your arms around his waist, leaning into his back as you sighed contently.

"You're late," you noted with another sigh as his hands found your own. "I was scared you'd decided to cuddle up with Remus instead," you teased softly, and Sirius scoffed.

"From what I remember, Moony kicks in his sleep, I don't think it would be much of an upgrade," he told you with a slightly hazy tone, making quick yet gentle work of guiding you around him to be able to meet your gaze.

"Hi Siri," you whispered, looking up at him in a silent plea for him to kiss you, having waited long enough by your standards. He leaned down gently, hand settling on your neck as he pulled you into the kiss, lips moving carefully, much like they did after you admitted your feelings to each other for the first time, like he was trying to convey some unspoken message to you and you had no idea what it was. You moved to the tips of your toes as your hands cupped his face. "Are you alright?" you asked with your breath still chasing after you when you pulled away, Sirius' brows furrowed as he looked down at you. "Sirius, talk to me," you encouraged, his other hand now moving ever so softly up and down your back.

"I wanted you to know," he began, chest against yours as you leaned into him. "I know my track record with girls has been anything but perfect and I know that trusting me with your heart couldn't have been something you took lightly, especially with everything we're risking here," his fingers tightened around your neck as he spoke. "But you should know that you mean more to me than any of those girls ever did, more than I could explain really. You're not just another conquest for me, is what I'm trying to say, you're real, we're real."

"I know that," you nodded as your thumbs stroked his cheeks. "Trusting you with my heart was the easiest decision I've ever made, Sirius Black," you explained, and he laughed lightly, almost relieved as he pulled you up to wrap your arms and legs around him.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," you giggled as he nuzzled his head into your shoulder, your hands tugging lightly at the stands of his curls as he did so. "I love you," you whispered into his hair and you could almost feel the smile that danced on his lips.

"Love you too, angel," he replied as he started leading you to the bed, wondering hands tickling your sides as he walked. "Shh, you don't want to give us away now, do you?" he mused and you braced for impact as you stumbled onto the bed still tangled in each other's arms.

"Hmm, I don't think so," you mused as his lips found yours once again despite the less than comfortable position. "Think I'd like to keep you all to myself for a little while longer," you teased, lips practically losing feeling from smiling so brightly when he graced you with another messy kiss.

"Oh, you'd have not a single word of objection from me, darling."