melt with you- remus

Remus Lupin was no idiot, smarter than most, and logical in almost all he did, he prided himself on that, never one to act without thinking, do without considering every single way it could go wrong. Yet here he was, in the middle of winter standing in ill-fitting swimming trunks in the prefects' bathroom, so far past curfew that it was practically an expulsion waiting to happen, well not truly, he'd done much worse with Sirius, and gotten away with it, but the point still stood. And to add insult to injury, he was bricking it, absolutely losing his shit because he was not only breaking all the rules to be here but he was doing it for some alone time with you, and as logical as he was, he could never see clearly when you were involved.

The door of the bathroom creaked, Remus panicking momentarily before he heard your voice, soft curses leaving your lips as you closed the door behind you again, casting a spell to lock it before stuffing your wand back into the knot of hair on top of your head. You looked around the room, eyes adjusting to the warm light created by the candles Remus had scattered around the room, most of them he'd laid out for you around the huge tub, it was more of a swimming pool, so you'd told him, which was where this absurd idea had originated.

"Rem?" you questioned carefully and he was gone, practically moving without consent as he stepped out of his semi-hiding place to see you, smiling just as brightly as you were when your eyes locked.

"Hi dove," he breathed, arms instantly opening to receive your embrace, a soft breath leaving his lips at the grip you had on him, hands moving up and down your back, as you kissed his chest quickly, a daring gesture, shy in its execution but it was what it made it so very special. "Missed me?" he dared, already knowing the answer for he missed you terribly, stolen glances and secret letters were no match for the real thing. They could never compare to the sweeter smile you gave him in private, to how desperately you held him as if he was fleeting, to the sound of your voice so shy and hidden despite how long you'd been keeping up this charade, it was far too great, far too special to be captured in such small things.

"Terribly," you admitted, chin against his bare chest now as you looked up at him, taking him in greedily, you'd missed this view, so close, so personal, only yours to appreciate and you'd wallow in it forever if you could. "I'm also terribly cold," you added though you didn't need to, Remus had already felt the goosebumps trailing up your skin, the little tremor to your hold, and a hand had already lifted to your neck to pull you close enough for a selfish forehead kiss despite all that.

"Poor thing," he mused, lips still lingering against your skin as he laughed lightly, your hand snuck down to pinch his waist at the teasing, but he'd already started guiding you to the bathtub. Gentlemen he is, Remus got in first, hovering on the step with a hand held out to help you but you hovered, of course, taking a second to talk yourself up. "The water is lovely," he bargained and you nodded lightly, biting your lip as you carefully untied your robe, releasing a shaky breath before letting it fall to the ground. Remus' eyes didn't dare wander down, giving you an encouraging smile instead, sensing how your nerves had shifted almost instantly. "You're rather lovely too, you know..."

"Oh, hush," you sighed, taking his hand and allowing him to pull you into the water with him, but you'd not deny the heat that spread up your neck or the almost terrifying pace of your heart as you ended up pushed up against his chest once again.

"Hmm, now this is a good way to end my day," he was smirking, it was an infuriatingly attractive thing, him making it deadly obvious how aware he was of the effect he had on you, how much you reacted to him, it was criminal that he could love you so openly yet have to hide it all the same.

You didn't have time to brace yourself before he pulled the pair of you down the step, hand coming up to keep your hair out of the water, and you thought you'd have ruined your whole night with the surprised squeal that left your lips but Remus was ever prepared, silencing your voice with a lingering, cruel kiss that sent sparks down your spine and made your knees week, how very lucky you were that he was holding you tighter than ever, closer than possible for the night had just begun.